TOAW IV: Ongoing Action Reports

Started by greengiant, August 16, 2022, 07:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor

Great AAR! Longtime TOAW 3 player, but I haven't gotten TOAW 4. I see a lot is familiar but also some stuff changed. Are those combat charts from the game or some addon you run alongside?

greengiant

Quote from: Victor on December 21, 2022, 07:42:15 PMGreat AAR! Longtime TOAW 3 player, but I haven't gotten TOAW 4. I see a lot is familiar but also some stuff changed. Are those combat charts from the game or some addon you run alongside?

Hi there Victor,

Apologies for the late reply. The combat charts are indeed a part of TOAW 4; I'm not running any addons. Also, thanks for the compliment! One addon I've considered is slightly clearer tiles but the hoops you have to jump through to get them properly working has kept me from doing that.

I'm actually getting ready for another OAR (ongoing action report) as the Allies for Operation Crusader. I became very interested in running this one against the computer after I found out the tragic role the South African forces played in this battle. I've since done a lot of reading up on it to get myself in the mood and I'm almost ready to get it going. It is a far larger scale scenario than Iwo Jima so I'm still plucking up the last bits of courage needed!