GrogHeads Cafe Press Store Open!

Started by LongBlade, August 14, 2012, 01:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: MIGMaster on October 04, 2012, 06:13:49 PM
Is shipping to Canada via USPS - I looked at it but couldn't see anything right off ?

Mine came DHL. Which made me happy 'cause UPS are frickin theives!!!!  >:(

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Barthheart on October 04, 2012, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on October 04, 2012, 06:13:49 PM
Is shipping to Canada via USPS - I looked at it but couldn't see anything right off ?

Mine came DHL. Which made me happy 'cause UPS are frickin theives!!!!  >:(

I believe mine came UPS.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MIGMaster

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Barthheart

MIGMaster

FedEx and UPS have raped me big time in the past  - I only deal with USPS now.

Barthheart

Quote from: MIGMaster on October 05, 2012, 06:59:25 AM
FedEx and UPS have raped me big time in the past  - I only deal with USPS now.

+1.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MIGMaster on October 04, 2012, 10:43:22 PM
How were the brokerage fees ?

Here is Cafe Press' shipping rate page.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx?page=shipping.aspx#1

It looks like it depends on what item you are buying and the number of items you get.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

WTF are brokerage fees? Does Tony Soprano handle shipping to Canada?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on October 05, 2012, 09:33:40 AM

A customs broker is typically needed to massage all the paperwork through Customs.

You don't absolutely have to have one IIRC, but it makes the process of shipping across a border much easier.

The trick is that it is usually a profitable business. The minimum most companies will charge is $50, though for reasons that will require more storytime than you or I probably want to invest, FedEx broke that mold pushing it down to about $10.

The post office, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to have that problem. Generally speaking they're the cheapest method for shipping small stuff across a border. I have no idea why. Perhaps, because it's a governmental agency, they have no agenda to make clearance a profit center. Whether they even cover their costs is a different question for a different day. And I honestly do not know the answer - I never had a reason to cross paths with a USPS customs broker.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on October 05, 2012, 09:38:47 AM
Quote from: mirth on October 05, 2012, 09:33:40 AM

A customs broker is typically needed to massage all the paperwork through Customs.

You don't absolutely have to have one IIRC, but it makes the process of shipping across a border much easier.

The trick is that it is usually a profitable business. The minimum most companies will charge is $50, though for reasons that will require more storytime than you or I probably want to invest, FedEx broke that mold pushing it down to about $10.

The post office, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to have that problem. Generally speaking they're the cheapest method for shipping small stuff across a border. I have no idea why. Perhaps, because it's a governmental agency, they have no agenda to make clearance a profit center. Whether they even cover their costs is a different question for a different day. And I honestly do not know the answer - I never had a reason to cross paths with a USPS customs broker.

This... BUT UPS and FEDEX don't give you the choice about using a broker, you must use theirs and they rip you off in the process.  >:(

MIGMaster

Its not unusual for the brokerage fees to cost almost as much as the item!

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on October 05, 2012, 09:50:12 AM
Its not unusual for the brokerage fees to cost almost as much as the item!

I know. I used to sell international transport. The system is not set up to be price competitive for sending a couple of t-shirts from the US to Canada.

LongBlade

Folks, I just realized I've been getting coupons from Cafe Press in my Inbox.

I had assumed that these were for me because I created the Cafe Press account, but in reading the fine print, I think they're general coupons without restriction.

Until Thursday at midnight you can get 30% off an order by entering the discount code "TRIPLE".

Let us know if it works.

Staggerwing

Quote! Important information

The coupon you used expired on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 12:00:00 AM.
Please contact Customer Service if you have any questions.

:(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys