Door Kickers 2: Task Force North in Early Access

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 03, 2020, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Liked the first version of this and saw this released for early access....$19.99

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1239080/Door_Kickers_2_Task_Force_North/

The long awaited sequel to the hit tactics game Door Kickers, Task Force North brings you the best portrayal of modern Close Quarters Combat and Tactics in a video game. Now available in Early Access!

Door Kickers 2 is a top down strategy and tactics game about using intelligence assets and controlling Special Operation Units in daring raids to neutralize and capture terrorists in the fictional country of Nowheraki, Middle East.

Jarhead0331

I got it. So far, it feels like Door Kickers 1 with a new skin. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Yep, played a few maps myself....so far feels familiar, which I am ok with...it was always a fun time in the past.

fran

Anyone playing this at the moment?

I've not played the first one and was thinking of picking up no 2 when it goes on sale.

al_infierno

Got this recently and been sinking a lot of time into it since I've been sick with covid the last week.

Absolutely addicting and a huge improvement over the first game in many ways.  I was a bit unsure about the switch to 3D at first, but they did a great job with it.  I also quite like the random mission generator, don't remember if DK1 had such a feature.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

The_Admiral

It is a fantastic game.
Not going to go as far as thanking Covid for giving you a good reason to give a try though - quite the opposite actually, I wish you'll be doing well soon enough to enjoy it without a sore nose & in good health  O0