Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yeah it does not sound like it will happen soon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

or its a cover story and they're really being trained on F-16s.  :bd:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 19, 2022, 09:29:41 PM
offff!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1560729704671444992

Russia is asking the 'Chain Smokers Anonymous' group to change their holiday destination next year.
Too many cigarette incidents in Crimea lately.

FarAway Sooner

Come on, guys.  Russia hasn't faced this kind of existential threat since the American-backed Nazi regime threatened Moscow in 1942!    :tickedoff:

Oh, wait...

bobarossa

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on August 20, 2022, 10:06:28 AM
Come on, guys.  Russia hasn't faced this kind of existential threat since the American-backed Nazi regime threatened Moscow in 1942!    :tickedoff:

Oh, wait...
The biggest existential threat to Russia is its current leaders.  It's like a Bowery Boys comede of errors.

One of those twitter feeds went into great lengths to show Russia has enough artillery amunition to last until next year but didn't address the replacement barrels issue at all(from another of those twitter feeds).

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

"In Putin's Russia, there's no Happy Hour. Because there is no happy hour".  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 19, 2022, 09:29:41 PM
offff!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1560729704671444992

Man, the comments in that twitter thread are epic! (...I mean, considering people just burned to death, hopefully killed by shock first.)

"Escape pod get you this far! Figure out landing on own, comrade."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

It would be even more embarrassing if that was caused by a drone plus lax security protocols:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukrainian-drones-are-carpet-bombing-the-russians/ar-AA10VML6?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=e19dc8c3c1bb4fbbb77d775332396d35

Granted, the Russians are trying to fight back, but step one would seem to be: keep hatches closed; deploy shotguns.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

More seriously, the false flag inciting incidents might or might not be ratcheting up:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/zelensky-warns-of-russian-escalation-as-putin-ally-s-daughter-is-killed/ar-AA10TKTQ?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=e19dc8c3c1bb4fbbb77d775332396d35

(A relatively lengthy article, not mostly about Ms. Dugin being assassinated.)

JasonPratt

WaPo publishes excerpts from a Russian paratrooper's 140ish page journal. It's about like you'd expect. ;)

Note that there may be a paywall here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/08/21/ukraine-russian-soldier-diary/

Business Insider has some samples, no apparent paywall: https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-paratrooper-detailed-account-of-war-in-ukraine-describes-chaos-2022-8

JasonPratt

HuffyPo reports that parts of a Luhansk Russian military unit are refusing to fight any farther, specifically beyond Luhansk (like in Donetsk), now that the mission of securing (taking) all of Luhansk's claimed territory has been accomplished.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/soldiers-refuse-to-fight-for-russia-ukraine-invasion_uk_63033f8ae4b0f7df9bb1c060