If you have pets do you carpet rake or vacuum?

Started by W8taminute, October 03, 2023, 08:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Ok so for years I've been struggling with my vacuum to try to clean up all the pet hair and kitty litter that gets all over the place.

Today I learned that there is such a thing as a carpet rake.  I'm going to have to get me one of these to see if it actually works.

So how do you all deal with the mess your furry creatures leave behind? (caution; I'm not talking about poopy messes  :cheesy: )

https://www.chewy.com/furemover-extendable-pet-hair-removal/dp/170093?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=FURemover&utm_campaign=20203340297&utm_term=
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

I was certain this was going to be a spam thread.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Back when we had kitties (lost our last one last Oct), we use to keep a large tray under the litter boxes.  Over the years we used washing machine trays and dog crate trays.  Both really helped contain the litter.

As for the fur, that never seemed to be much of an issue on our rugs, but we always did use "pet" vacuums.  Furniture, yes we did see fur there.  We used the pet vacuum and we had a hand version of that carpet rake.

p.s.  that fur rake is cheaper on Amazon.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Redwolf

I have a white, long-haired cat, so this is a priority for me.

I have a German vacuum (Miele Twist) with very powerful rotating brushes at the bottom. It gets the job done both on the longer overcoat hairs and the undercoat. It is probably equivalent to raking.

Sigwolf

This year we got rid of our carpet altogether (put in lvp), and haven't regretted it a bit.  Instead of pushing around the vacuum, now cleaning involves a lightweight swiffer vac that takes care of all the german shepherd hair in about a quarter of the time.

Gusington

My dog is 125 pounds and it is impossible to get all the hair. I do have a carpet rake, a Bissell steam mop for the kitchen floor (slobber) and a Miele pet hair vacuum. All are awesome and I use them almost every day.

Buddies who visit my house say they cannot believe a giant dog lives there and I take that as a high compliment  :tophat:

Another factor is the rest of my family - what a bunch of slobs. The Wife and the MiniGuses (now 15 and 17) do not clean up after themselves particularly well and THEIR hair is also everywhere.

The rake, mop and vacuum do wonders on their messes as well  :twirl:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Nah. 

My ex-wife got the dirty cats.  I got the clean one that knew how to keep her evacuations in the litterbox and the litter in the same.

She is a longhair though, but sheds less than typical of the breed.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2023, 08:38:02 AMI was certain this was going to be a spam thread.

Haha, now that you mention it I suppose at first glance it appears suspicious. 

@steve58

Thanks for the tip.  I'll get that rake from Amazon then.   :wink:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

I got my wife a decent robo-vacuum last Christmas, and we run it every week day.  We have two 70 pound dogs and the white-haired one sheds like a... dog who sheds a lot!

It's amazing the amount of pet hair that vacuum picks up every single freaking day.  Our ground floor is 50% wood and 50% worn-down carpet that was pretty high quality about 20 years ago!

My son has a very mild allergy to dogs.  Getting a $59 single-room air filter and learning to close the door to his room totally solved the sinus issues he had.