NEBULOUS: Fleet Command's Modular Missiles Update out tomorrow!

Started by HoodedMac, August 19, 2022, 10:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedMac

Hi all! I'm Marcello, from Hooded Horse.

We've got an exciting update coming out for NEBULOUS: Fleet Command tomorrow, called the Modular Missiles update! You can find the trailer for the new update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRv_pdN4JZM

The Modular Missiles update touches almost every part of the game, adding missile customization, new launcher types, and new point defense variety. The update is the largest one since NEBULOUS entered early access, and it also brings a rework of penetration mechanics and a rebalance of cannon, railgun weapons, electronic warfare, and missile launcher capacity, among many other things.

The new, titular missile customization feature allows players to customize their ordinance and mix and match a set of 5 missile bodies with 3 warheads, 2 guidance modules, 8 seeker types, 6 support modules, and a configurable engine system to tailor their missiles to match individual needs, including:

• Configure the various seekers for specific targets, design them to reject electronic warfare decoys, or customize the approach angle to the target.
• Cruise guidance allow players to send their missiles on 3D waypoint paths around asteroids in order to strike the enemy from behind.
• Different types of warheads, with configurable size versus the engine's fuel, can deal devastating damage in different ways.
• Support modules can be used to help penetrate PD, such as by launching decoys on terminal approach to turn 5 missiles into 15 and overwhelm point defenses.

NEBULOUS: Fleet Command is out on Steam Early Access right now with a 93% user approval rating, so give it a try! https://store.steampowered.com/app/887570/NEBULOUS_Fleet_Command/

Jarhead0331

Any news on when we can expect to see carriers? Thanks, Marcello!

...and the missile designer looks AWESOME!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: HoodedMac on August 19, 2022, 10:16:00 AM
The new, titular missile customization feature allows players to customize their ordinance and mix and match a set of 5 missile bodies with 3 warheads, 2 guidance modules, 8 seeker types, 6 support modules, and a configurable engine system to tailor their missiles to match individual needs, including:

• Configure the various seekers for specific targets, design them to reject electronic warfare decoys, or customize the approach angle to the target.
• Cruise guidance allow players to send their missiles on 3D waypoint paths around asteroids in order to strike the enemy from behind.
• Different types of warheads, with configurable size versus the engine's fuel, can deal devastating damage in different ways.
• Support modules can be used to help penetrate PD, such as by launching decoys on terminal approach to turn 5 missiles into 15 and overwhelm point defenses.

Sounds like someone has been playing Aurora!  And that's a good thing.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

solops

Yet another fabulous looking game that I have fired up. fiddled with for a few minutes and then left languishing while I bury myself in a couple of addictive oldies. Sad, very sad. I need help.
Back to Shadow Empires :\
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd