Hearts of Iron 4 - By Blood Alone DLC

Started by Ian C, September 25, 2022, 06:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2022, 01:36:41 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 29, 2022, 01:14:06 PM
After spending a couple thousand hours in a love/hate relationship with HOI4 I swore it off forever several months ago.   The ai simply can't deal with the game.  They finally fixed the atrocious air combat but it's not enough to lure me back.

Thousands of hours? Surely you must like something about it... :-\
I love everything up until war starts.  Love the economy, focus trees, building units, etc.  War was it's great downfall.  AI doesn't understand the difference in division types (arm vs mtz vs mountain) and their best use.  The battle planner looks nice but divisions end up in a dance where they lose their readiness from lots of strategic movement.  The air was was like playing whack-a-mole with me moving my fighters every couple days to where they just moved their bombers.  Can't send a fleet to protect an island from invasion in the pacific.  It just wanders around aimlessly instead of blasting transports at midway.

I turned it into a game of 'can I build a better armed forces than I did last game before war starts.  Finally decided I had enough with the frustration and deleted it from the computer.

Sparhawk

Quote from: Boggit on September 29, 2022, 12:53:14 PM
Quote from: Sparhawk on September 27, 2022, 03:27:45 PM
With the air combat remodeled I may give this another go. That really was my biggest gripe. I have always wanted this game to grab me.
Do you think that they will fix the air combat so that you can use your Fighters, CAS and Tac bombers to hit airbases? I'd also like to see air leaders and formations much like they did with the navies.
I keep playing the older iterations of HOI because I get more immersion from the air missions I can assign. It really tickles my fancy to wipe out a couple of air squadrons on the tarmac at first light.