German Annexation of Czechoslovakia ?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 16, 2023, 03:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: smittyohio on January 16, 2023, 05:31:43 PMHitler to Goering - "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like we're going into *Wisconsin*."

Nice reference!  I'm embarrassed that I couldn't place it until Jason gave the citation.  I'm almost as embarrassed that, even though I could totally get the tone right for the quote, I couldn't attribute it to Bill Murray. 

I think that movie might be in Murray's trifecta, along with Groundhog Day and Ghostbusters.  Murray is like the Tom Hanks of comedy.  (I know, I know, Tom Hanks started out in comedy.  I watched Bosom Buddies on my VHF antenna as a 14-year old boy, but mostly to keep an eye out for Donna Dixon's character.)

bobarossa

Like you were looking at her "character"   :privatedancer:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 18, 2023, 11:24:43 AM
Quote from: smittyohio on January 16, 2023, 05:31:43 PMHitler to Goering - "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like we're going into *Wisconsin*."

It's from Stripes. When they take the "RV".  You're welcome.  :tophat:
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose