Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

Quote from: pawelj on October 06, 2015, 04:04:17 AM
This administration will forever be studied as how to AVOID doing foreign policy.

+1

Swatter

Quote from: LongBlade on October 05, 2015, 06:25:55 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 05, 2015, 06:17:22 PM
Even The NYTimes today basically said a regional war is much more badder fhan the original civil war that has been going onfor 4 years.

Gosh. Shame on them for staining the Nobel winner's legacy.

;D

Is it just me, or does Putin just love to go out of his way to stick it to Obama personally?

In all likelihood Obama is going to be the most accommodating president that will sit in the oval office for the next 30 or more years. I would think Putin would be more clever about improving Russia's position at the cost of US interests, rather than so blunt and ham-fisted. Albeit, its more entertaining this way.

pawelj

Quote from: Swatter on October 06, 2015, 05:37:27 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 05, 2015, 06:25:55 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 05, 2015, 06:17:22 PM
Even The NYTimes today basically said a regional war is much more badder fhan the original civil war that has been going onfor 4 years.

Gosh. Shame on them for staining the Nobel winner's legacy.

;D

Is it just me, or does Putin just love to go out of his way to stick it to Obama personally?

In all likelihood Obama is going to be the most accommodating president that will sit in the oval office for the next 30 or more years. I would think Putin would be more clever about improving Russia's position at the cost of US interests, rather than so blunt and ham-fisted. Albeit, its more entertaining this way.
I don't think it is Obama, but the United States as a whole that he wants to humiliate. Obama just lets him do it.
Remember when Romney said during the last campaign that Russia would be the greatest challenge, and everyone laughed at him. Well, who's laughing now? 
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

From the article:

QuoteThe use of 26 sea-based cruise missiles marked one of the first known uses in combat of Russian missiles with this range.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Reportedly the cruise missiles overflew Iran and Iraq.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

In Soviet Russia small penis compensates for you!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Grimnirsson

Boom! Seems to have been a precise operation.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

mirth

According to the Russian propaganda video anyway.

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on October 07, 2015, 11:34:10 AM
According to the Russian propaganda video anyway.

^ what I was thinking. I'd be curious to know how many ended up taking a bath in the Med.

Grimnirsson

So, Russian military operations can't be precise? Ok...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

eyebiter

Israel just discovered a large deposit of oil in the Golan Heights
http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-huge-oil-discovery-on-golan-heights-1001071698

"Above and beyond the bureaucratic and environmental problems of pushing ahead with oil production, there are also the geopolitical considerations. The international community considers the Golan Heights, which was captured from Syria in 1967, as occupied territory and does not recognize Israeli sovereignty over the region."

mirth

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 07, 2015, 12:00:13 PM
So, Russian military operations can't be precise? Ok...

I wouldn't rely on a Russian YouTube video for a BDA. Better to wait for the weather girl to report on it.