Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

They're gonna make Obama draw a new Red Line.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MetalDog

It's all Looney Tunes, man.  I just remembered it was out there ;)

Sir Slash

What exactly is the definition of a, "Galoot"? Anybody?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

"Long eared" and "Idjit" are part of it.

Staggerwing

There are rumors of a Twenty-one Son Galoot being spotted at the last July 4th parade in Salt Lake City.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2015, 11:04:49 PM
What exactly is the definition of a, "Galoot"? Anybody?

Two "l's".

An eccentric person - e.g. everyone at Grogheads.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/galloot
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Sir Slash

By that definition, doesn't Yosemite Sam qualify?

LongBlade

QuoteA Russian destroyer had to open warning fire as a Turkish fishing vessel sailed on a collision course towards them and didn't respond to calls from the warship, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

The incident happened in the northern part of the Aegean Sea some 12 nautical miles from the Greek island of Lemnos, the ministry said.

The crew of the Kashin-class guided missile destroyer Smetlivy spotted the Turkish fishing trawler some 1,000 meters from the Russian warship early on Sunday morning, the ministry said. The ship was sailing towards the destroyer and ignored calls for radio contact and other attempts to communicate.

source: https://www.rt.com/news/325785-russian-destroyer-turkish-trawler/

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

What would have happened if Churchill had gone with an opinion poll instead of writing his "We shall fight them on the beaches" speech?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on December 18, 2015, 12:22:23 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

What would have happened if Churchill had gone with an opinion poll instead of writing his "We shall fight them on the beaches" speech?

I would love for you to make the case that Obama deserves to stand in Churchill's shadow.

OJsDad

What would have happened if the French would have challenged Hitler sending troops into the Rhineland or if Chamberlain hadn't rolled over  for Hitler's demands in Czechoslovakia. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on December 18, 2015, 08:15:13 PM
What would have happened if the French would have challenged Hitler sending troops into the Rhineland or if Chamberlain hadn't rolled over  for Hitler's demands in Czechoslovakia.

Hitler would have backed down and WW2 would have happened a few years later, but Adm. Raeder would have gotten to build his battlewagon-and carrier-heavy Kriegsmarine instead of the KM-lite he got stuck with.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys