Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on November 10, 2016, 08:22:22 AM
We're also probably never going to have a sail powered ship-of-the-line again either :P

If GI Joe has taught me anything, it's that in the event of a persistent electromagnetic pulse effect we can quickly rig up sail-powered aircraft carriers.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: OJsDad on November 10, 2016, 08:30:20 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 09, 2016, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2016, 09:34:29 PM
The phrase 'nuclear powered battle cruiser' tickles my steampunk funny bone.

It's closer to a battleship than we're ever likely to have again.   :tickedoff:

We're also probably never going to have a sail powered ship-of-the-line again either :P

I don't know, a nuclear powered BB with 3-4 rail guns, a very large stock of missiles, laser point defense systems, and well armored doesn't seem all of that bad of an idea.

You might want to Google Arsenal Ship.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 10, 2016, 09:11:42 AM
Raise the Yamato!  :clap:

Give it a wave-motion gun and send it off to thwack the Gamilons!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 10, 2016, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 10, 2016, 08:30:20 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 09, 2016, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2016, 09:34:29 PM
The phrase 'nuclear powered battle cruiser' tickles my steampunk funny bone.

It's closer to a battleship than we're ever likely to have again.   :tickedoff:

I don't know, a nuclear powered BB with 3-4 rail guns, a very large stock of missiles, laser point defense systems, and well armored doesn't seem all of that bad of an idea.

You might want to Google Arsenal Ship.

I know, just doesn't have the ring of Battleship though.  Arsenal ship sounds more like munitions supply ship. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

The converted Ohio class SSGNs serve the purpose nicely.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Behold the fierce Russian Navy sets sail for the Med!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

Sir Slash

That last one reminds me of an old girlfriend. She made the same kind of wake in the water when we went to the beach. And she smoked.  :-*
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 10, 2016, 10:40:57 PM
That last one reminds me of an old girlfriend. She made the same kind of wake in the water when we went to the beach. And she smoked.  :-*
I dread to think you might have said at the height of your passion, "God bless this ship and all who sail in her"... >:D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GDS_Starfury

Nefaro

Looked like she had her stern raked too many times.

Sir Slash

Well, I always wondered why everyone called her 'Montana' but she was from Carolina.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Good article with some equally good points. I think the idea that Muslims in general all secretly desire Western Style Democracy and are just waiting to be liberated from their Islamo-Facist bondage or local Dictators has been greatly over sold, especially in Liberal circles. Some surely do, but I think most, or at least the most vocal, do not and see OUR system of government as chaotic and degenerate. Try telling them they'll be much better-off when their children can all use the same bathroom or dressing rooms and their Imams must marry persons of the same sex and see how quickly they line-up for 'Western Values'. My 2 cents.