Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Oy vey. How'd it go for the last regional power that flung Scuds at Israel? And how did Syria's last war with Israel go? God help this stupidity.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Well, you know Israel isn't going to stop hitting Hezbollah in Syria. If Syria is stupid enough to fire Scuds at Israel, the Israelis will respond vigorously. It starts getting real dicey with the Russkis. If they use those S-300s in Tartus against the IAF, then all bets are off.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

The Russians' testicular fortitude is the real unknown here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2017, 12:42:06 PM
The Russians' testicular fortitude is the real unknown here.

You have to wonder what they might have hinted at when they delivered the Scud warning on Syria's behalf.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

The Russians may be just crazy enough to stop hinting and start lobbing. Through Syria as a proxy, of course. And what a great market for their defense industries!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

The Israeli missile defenses are very sophisticated so I don't think the Syrian Scuds pose that great of a threat. However, the Russian S-300s are could take down Israeli planes operating over Syria. Then the Israelis would go after the S-300 batteries. And presto, shooting war between Israeli and Russia. Everybody loses.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Gusington

Any games out their simulating Russia vs. Israel? That's a new one for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

It took me a day to find out, but it looks like the gas used in Idlib was sarin. Does anyone know how it was delivered/released?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2017, 12:35:43 PM
It took me a day to find out, but it looks like the gas used in Idlib was sarin. Does anyone know how it was delivered/released?
Good article.  Looks like Syrian regime, but conflicting reports of how intentional use or blew up chemical dump.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2017/0405/Heinous-chemical-attack-kills-dozens-in-Syria-US-blames-Assad-as-aid-workers-scramble-to-help

Gusington

The Russians and Syrians are saying it was a facility that was hit but I am guessing the truth is unknown right now. I am curious if it was dispersed with artillery, aircraft...something more rudimentary/home made like the attack on the Tokyo subway, etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I *think* when the Syrian government did it last time it was artillery, but ISIS used a crude form to disperse the gas.  It's certainly messed up regardless of how it was done.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Not familiar with that particular site, but an airstrike I guess is as plausible as an  artillery strike.  Seriously messed up regardless.