Let's FRIDAY together

Started by Moreb, March 07, 2019, 11:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 08, 2019, 04:29:52 AM
Beat resident evil 2. Wanna go back and finish 7. Had a good week, finally got a job in my field as a microbiology analyst for a food assurance company,

Congrats on beating RE2 and the new job!

As Leon, I struggled last weekend in the sewers with the Chess Plug Puzzle. I completely overlooked an important section in the Workers' Break Room. I'm going to give it another go this weekend. Great game.

Groggy

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Boggit

I have a shed load of JTS games to reinstall since my PC got rebuilt. I hope to start an East Prussian '14 campaign as the Russians, and to finish my game of Evil Bank Manager (good concept, but the micromanagement from mid game is a real chore). Probably do some more of my Combat Mission Normandy campaign and some MP with Field of Glory.

BTW, anyone interested in playing JTS Panzer Campaigns/Squad Battles scenarios by email?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tripoli

Won't be able to do much gaming this weekend as I'm in the middle of some disaster relief trading. Hopefully I can pick up some virtual piper cub flying next week
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Moreb

Good news on the job Hof. Are you going to be working on a non-nutrient cereal varnish that will seal and coat the flakes so the milk doesn't penetrate them?

So I played a lot of Resident Evil 7 and it was pretty darn good. Several scary scenes and great setting. Then.....

We had dinner over at the daughters house and my son-in-law had a VR that I tried with RE7 with. OMG! You talk about a trip! I was there! In that damn house and it was all so real. Things I saw now had depth and detail. It was like being in a dream. I would have continued had I not knocked over a lamp and shinned the table.
When dongles fly? - mirth

mikeck

I've been in a real gaming funk for several months. Barely sat in front of a computer. But I'm also getting (re)married next month, selling one house now and closing on another to live after so yeah....could be that I'm actually to stressed to relax.

I'm going to try some Hearts of Iron IV MTG. I have no idea why a game so complex appeals to me other than to think it's the complexity that takes my mind off things
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

nelmsm

Quote from: Boggit on March 08, 2019, 09:36:19 PM
I have a shed load of JTS games to reinstall since my PC got rebuilt. I hope to start an East Prussian '14 campaign as the Russians, and to finish my game of Evil Bank Manager (good concept, but the micromanagement from mid game is a real chore). Probably do some more of my Combat Mission Normandy campaign and some MP with Field of Glory.

BTW, anyone interested in playing JTS Panzer Campaigns/Squad Battles scenarios by email?

I'd be interested in some Squad Battles.  PM me and we can work something out.

Barthheart

Quote from: mikeck on March 08, 2019, 11:31:09 PM
.... But I'm also getting (re)married next month, ....

There has to be an interesting story behind this... ???

airboy

Quote from: Hofstadter on March 08, 2019, 04:29:52 AM
Beat resident evil 2. Wanna go back and finish 7. Had a good week, finally got a job in my field as a microbiology analyst for a food assurance company,

Congratulations on the job.

mikeck

Quote from: Barthheart on March 09, 2019, 07:07:33 AM

Nope. I meant remarried...to another. Just the standard midlife upgrade to a better- less testy -model.
Wife 1.0 had a good run but started getting buggy and crashing after 17 years. So I bought a new model.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

^Only post in this thread better than moreb's is mikeck's  :notworthy:

Launching Resident Evil 7 now!! Non v/r :/

Wife 1.0 is my only model. Going on 22 total years. A lot of mileage but still runs great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: mikeck on March 09, 2019, 01:48:24 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 09, 2019, 07:07:33 AM

Nope. I meant remarried...to another. Just the standard midlife upgrade to a better- less testy -model.
Wife 1.0 had a good run but started getting buggy and crashing after 17 years. So I bought a new model.

You should show them these posts and you could be looking for model n° 3 in no time ... >:D

Sir Slash

I've been playing 'Marriage 2.0' for 22 years now and it's better the second time around. Hang it there Mikeck.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Barthheart

Quote from: mikeck on March 09, 2019, 04:08:29 PM
So far so good

O0 I'm 15 years with #2 myself and have never been happier. Just consider the first as a practise run....

bruce205

Metal Dog,you have inspired me with your love of Civ4 !!  I hope to learn it and be as passionate as you are. Sounds like a blast !!