Massive Chalice -- a new Kickstarter from Double Fine

Started by steve58, May 30, 2013, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

http://kotaku.com/wow-double-fines-new-strategy-game-sounds-amazing-510495343

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fines-massive-chalice

MASSIVE CHALICE is a single player turn-based tactics game within a multi-generational strategy campaign built for replayability.

As an immortal King or Queen, you must unite your kingdom under a powerful dynasty, eliminate the demonic threat, and reforge the MASSIVE CHALICE!

The game is structured into two main layers: strategy and tactics. In the strategy layer, you oversee your kingdom, arrange royal marriages, conduct research, and make the far-reaching decisions that will determine the fate of your legacy.

In the tactics layer, you fight brutal turn-based battles to defend your kingdom using small squads of customizable heroes.

Permadeath is inevitable: your heroes will grow, age, and eventually die. You'll have to choose between keeping your favorite heroes on the battlefield or retiring them from combat to foster a new generation of warriors.

Drawing from roguelikes we love, content is modular and randomized. Each playthrough begins with a random assortment of male and female heroes from various bloodlines, guaranteeing that each game is unique. Your knowledge and skill will increase over multiple playthroughs, but the details of every game will change based on your decisions and the whims of fate.

....sounds pretty interesting.  Yet another Kickstarter I may have to get in on...but some game footage would be nice.  At the rate their kickstarter is going (already at 30% in just a couple days), I don't think they will have any trouble hitting the goal...and then some.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Sounds cool.

Like Crusader Kings 2 and X-Com style tactical battles mixed together..

Does it also have MASSIVE GOBLETS?!  MUGS?!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2013, 06:47:57 AM
Perhaps a massive armored codpiece as well.

One with lightening bolts cast in pure electrum pointing to the 'fun zone' perhaps?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

We'll need more electrum. This armored codpiece is massive, remember.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2013, 09:15:45 PM
We'll need more electrum. This armored codpiece is massive, remember.

Gus, you're overcompensating again.

Gusington

There's nothing worse than not having enough electrum.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek