A special gift from Allied Corps!

Started by Lord Zimoa, June 05, 2013, 11:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtRock

Salted Peanut Special offer, Free Salt with the purchase of Peanuts, hurry limited time offer!  ::)

NOTE: Special Gift != free wallpaper!

Lord Zimoa

Sigh... GROGNARD... we spend a few hours building them and there are people enjoying them... not an unexpected comment though.  :(

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SgtRock on June 05, 2013, 05:18:15 PM
Salted Peanut Special offer, Free Salt with the purchase of Peanuts, hurry limited time offer!  ::)

NOTE: Special Gift != free wallpaper!
That's a bit harsh. They are not being restricted to people who buy the game - and free. It's only a token gift...better than a kick in the nuts - or nothing...no?

Anyhoo - I do have a question unrelated to this release

Why does your press releases never mention Matrix Games? I ask because this "merger" with Slitherine and Matrix is always touted as mutual and beneficial - but your press releases never mention them "Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Flashback Games Studio and the Lordz Games Studio..." - It's just - there's been much speculation over the merger - and things like that don't seem to quell that speculation but rather add fuel to the fire

Curious - nothing more.

Good luck with the release. I know they are games you're passionate about.
Alba gu' brath

Lord Zimoa

Slitherine and Matrix are one and the same company, but some games just have stronger fan-bases on one community or another.

Eg. War in the East is traditionally more Matrix community orientated, Panzer Corps more Slitherine community orientated.

Ideal we merge them once, but as both places and databases are using complete different software it is a pain and will take some time, but ideal one day both forums and shops are all on one place.

JudgeDredd

Well I get that - and there's still a "split" in the companies between resources - but as they are one company, I would have thought press releases for games coming from the publisher or developers under said publisher would've mentioned "the" publisher ("Slitherine and Matrix Games are proud to announce..." or "Matrix Games and Slitherine are proud to announce..."and not "a" publisher ("Slitherine is proud to announce...")

Sorry - just struck me as strange. I understand you're a developer and maybe your help and/or funding comes from Slitherine...I don't really know. And if truth be known, I'm not sure how the Slitherine and/or Matrix press releases mention a new release. IIRC They do say "Slitherine and Matrix Games..."

Anyway - nevermind. As I said - good luck with the new one.

Is this going to have multiple years campaigns as did Panzer Corps?
Alba gu' brath

Lord Zimoa

For the record The Lordz Games Studio, for now still at least, is a totally self-funding, self-financing and independent development studio.

Maybe see it like this: The Slitherine Group is one organization/family at this point, consisting out of Slitherine, Matrix and AGEOD. It is one and the same. I agree it is a bit confusing at times. But if you talk to one or the other, it is one group.

On our planning is a Soviet Corps, if a Grand Campaign for Allied Corps will come together is not clear to us at this point.

It will depend a bit on demand and our time I guess. So many games are in development and we don`t want to bring out content just for the sake of more content, or we do it proper or we don`t.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on June 06, 2013, 06:32:04 AM
For the record The Lordz Games Studio, for now still at least, is a totally self-funding, self-financing and independent development studio.
My apologies.

On our planning is a Soviet Corps, if a Grand Campaign for Allied Corps will come together is not clear to us at this point.

It will depend a bit on demand and our time I guess. So many games are in development and we don`t want to bring out content just for the sake of more content, or we do it proper or we don`t.
Thank you.

Questions are answered.

I may well pick up Allied Commander.

I did pick up Panzer Corps because I remembered Panzer General - but quickly found that once the nostalgia wore off, I had actually moved on from these games.

That's obviously not meant as a reflection of your work on the games - just that although I remembered burning the midnight oil with Panzer General - my tastes for depth have changed somewhat over the years.

But I might pick up Allied Commander just to get the other buzz (I can't remember whether I bought Allied General or Panzer General first...I think it was Panzer General)
Alba gu' brath

jomni

I thing there is a difference in branding.   Slitherine games traditionally are light wargames with mass appeal.  Matrix Games are deeper and more massive in scope (with the occasional light wargame of course).

SgtRock

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on June 06, 2013, 03:00:34 AM
Sigh... GROGNARD... we spend a few hours building them and there are people enjoying them... not an unexpected comment though.  :(

A free gift (wall paper) is ok but, a special gift should be something more!

I think the point here is, Wargame marketing sucks!!!! If you offered a special code for some in-game special (Hero/Commando) unit, only available for those purchase on day one and/or limited time that would have been special. If you want some one to purchase on release, (i.e. full price) these days,  you need to offer something more special than just a wall paper.