It’s D-Day - Allied Corps storms the beaches!

Started by Lord Zimoa, June 06, 2013, 09:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 07, 2013, 06:53:14 PM
So any initial thoughts on this one? Official forums seem kind of dead, which is surprising for a new release.  Not sure if that is a sign or anything.

Read my posts up thread; I feel AC is better than PsC..
Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bismarck on June 07, 2013, 07:20:52 PM
So any initial thoughts on this one? Official forums seem kind of dead, which is surprising for a new release.  Not sure if that is a sign or anything.

I am embarrassed to say I really never played panzercorp either so I don't have a good basis for comparison.  Do you have any plans for creating one of your very good reviews?

Tuna

You never played Panzer General and you consider yourself a Grog Head!!! :o
It's a good ole Beer and Pretzel's strategy game.. only thing that bummed me out, is for my slow tactical style, there was never enough turns to finish the objectives.. Don't know if they fixed that with a patch or not, but that turned me 'off' from the game.. Otherwise, probably would've played a lot more..

I know, I know, there is a 'cheat' to increase the amount of turns, but that just didn't 'feel' right having to do it every game!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on June 08, 2013, 08:49:40 AM
You never played Panzer General and you consider yourself a Grog Head!!! :o
It's a good ole Beer and Pretzel's strategy game.. only thing that bummed me out, is for my slow tactical style, there was never enough turns to finish the objectives.. Don't know if they fixed that with a patch or not, but that turned me 'off' from the game.. Otherwise, probably would've played a lot more..

I know, I know, there is a 'cheat' to increase the amount of turns, but that just didn't 'feel' right having to do it every game!

Yep, some reason just never screamed out to me for a purchase:)  Maybe I will make amends soon:)

Bismarck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2013, 06:45:35 AM
Quote from: Bismarck on June 07, 2013, 07:20:52 PM

I am embarrassed to say I really never played panzercorp either so I don't have a good basis for comparison.  Do you have any plans for creating one of your very good reviews?

I'm not sure.  Being a beta tester puts me on the horns of a dilemma. If I nitpick as reviewer, did I fail as a tester?  OTOH, am I too close to the product?
Jim Cobb

LongBlade

Quote from: Bismarck on June 08, 2013, 10:48:34 AM
I'm not sure.  Being a beta tester puts me on the horns of a dilemma. If I nitpick as reviewer, did I fail as a tester?  OTOH, am I too close to the product?

Having participated as an active beta tester I wouldn't accept your review here. You'd have been qualified to write a preview, but not a review as you were active as a developer on it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb