It's Friday...what are you drinking while you game?

Started by Toonces, October 19, 2012, 11:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

put down several ciders of the past 24 hours or so.  always good for a soccer weekend :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 15, 2012, 07:17:23 PM
put down several ciders of the past 24 hours or so.  always good for a soccer weekend :)

Sam Adams Hops Sampler for me- Noble Pils, Whitewater Ale, and Latitude 48 IPA. I've also aquired a taste for the Dogfish head 90 IPA.

And, at $12 a bottle thus waiting for an opportune moment:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Windigo

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2012, 08:23:48 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 13, 2012, 08:03:32 PM
Hold on now...POTATO MILK? POTATO MILK. Who is conjuring up this horrible nonsense?!

points to windi

oh you little squealer..... *tries to kick UC Geek's shin under the bar table*
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2012, 04:51:40 PM
i have solved the problem at the moment by drinking green tea that i found i like very much and it doesnt have milk in, plus with tea in a glass i get to look like Sean Connery in Red October..........

minus the uniform

and submarine

My preference for green tea is Japanese Gyokuro. I'm sure you're well aware that bagged tea is crap. Get some decent quality green tea from Japan.

And you don't steep the tea - just flash brew it. Water about 90 - 95 celcius, pour it into the pot and then pour the pot into your tea cup. The character of the tea will change over four or five cups. If you don't want the caffeine just toss out the first pour.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Quote from: LongBlade on December 18, 2012, 02:08:17 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2012, 04:51:40 PM
i have solved the problem at the moment by drinking green tea that i found i like very much and it doesnt have milk in, plus with tea in a glass i get to look like Sean Connery in Red October..........

minus the uniform

and submarine

My preference for green tea is Japanese Gyokuro. I'm sure you're well aware that bagged tea is crap. Get some decent quality green tea from Japan.

And you don't steep the tea - just flash brew it. Water about 90 - 95 celcius, pour it into the pot and then pour the pot into your tea cup. The character of the tea will change over four or five cups. If you don't want the caffeine just toss out the first pour.

cheers for that LB - im looking for all the green tea info i can get

Toonces

I can't believe you guys are posting crap like this in my thread.

"The character of the tea will change...."

WTF is that crap?  Where's that Picard picture when I need it?   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Windigo

Quote from: Toonces on December 19, 2012, 01:38:03 PM

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on December 19, 2012, 01:38:03 PM

WTF is that crap?  Where's that Picard picture when I need it?   >:(

read the Grogheads Charter - nowhere does it say tea cannot be discussed!

although it was quite camp

GDS_Starfury

QuoteMy preference for green tea is Japanese Gyokuro. I'm sure you're well aware that bagged tea is crap. Get some decent quality green tea from Japan.

do you know how I know youre gay?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 18, 2012, 02:47:17 PM
cheers for that LB - im looking for all the green tea info i can get

I realize these are in the US, but here's where I go when I want to get good quality stuff:

http://www.tealuxe.com/

http://www.teavana.com/

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 19, 2012, 02:05:03 PM

Do you know I learned to brew tea that way in a Japanese dojo?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: LongBlade on December 19, 2012, 03:49:58 PM

Do you know I learned to brew tea that way in a Japanese dojo?

Is that what they call their gay dance clubs?

LongBlade

W8taminute

QuoteMy preference for green tea is Japanese Gyokuro. I'm sure you're well aware that bagged tea is crap. Get some decent quality green tea from Japan.

First of all, who pllays N64 anymore?  And who in the history of console gaming ever held the controller by the middle appendage?  That in itself just screams gayness.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Longdan

Copious quantities of good Molsony goodness.  I am a heavy hitter
so I do not function to well gamewise when I swim in whiskey.  But I drive good.
Beer is just fine.
digni enim sunt interdicunt