Scourge of War: Waterloo! announced

Started by steve58, March 24, 2014, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

I see it's on Steam now for $44.99...I wonder if it includes this patch?

Cyrano

I can't say for certain until I transfer my install this evening, but I've never known Steam to announce the release of a patch that it wasn't including in current product.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mikeck

Today the "Quatre Bras" expansion is out for "Scourge of War: Waterloo"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/369390/

From matrix site (where you can also buy it):

Extensively researched Order of Battle
Historical 5 mile x 5 mile battlefield map
Five scenarios covering critical actions during the battle.
Exclusive new loading screen art from Mitchell Nolte: "The 79th Highlanders"

AI, Gameplay and UI Additions

Added new slider Toolbar for player feedback (mod menu)
Added the 'targeting' logic for cavalry squadrons (see slider toolbar)
Improved Hannover flags added.
Removed the ability for cavalry to capture and bring enemy guns into action.
Removed auto-run reaction of troops under fire.
Increased melee penalty for skirmishers.
Skirmishers now fall back at shorter distance from nearest enemy if supported.
Improved control of TC units when near the enemy and under fire.
Improved Cavalry and Infantry Square logic and dynamics.
Improved brigade command AI.
Reactivated cavalry orders in courier menu.
Added new battle statistics screen on 'end of battle' screen.
Improved AI stances when stationary and when at long range from the enemy.
Historical variant adjustments for WL10 and WL20

Modding improvements

Enabled modder access to skills level and defensive ground bonus with three new AI functions: DBonusVal(), GetLevel() and GetPoints().
Added two new variables: #unitAItype, #onlyoffAItype.
Fixed dump of 'dumpoobscen' command.
Fixed problem with additional column for French unit names in the scenario files created using 'dumpscen' or 'dumpoobscen'.
Corrected ORDTACDivPlay AI function.
Corrected 'friendcloseyds()' AI function.
Corrected GetOrders() AI function - brigade AI is now more under player control when using stances, stationary and far from the enemy.

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Hmmmmm. From the looks of it and the fact that I necro'd the hell out of this thread...I guess I am the only one still playing this! I know the hard-core Napoleonic grogs on the forum dislike some of the formations, movements, etc., but I don't know the difference so it's fine for me. Still love Scourge of war games and if I am in the mood to play battlefield general, there is no substitute
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Campaign mode was a failed experiment.  Still no fixes for that?

Grim.Reaper

I guess to be fair....didn't really seem like this new content was hyped that much, very little chatter at both the official and matrix forums, and this seemed to come right out of the blue as being released.  Doesn't seem like the developers/matrix really put much effort to promote this series, likely leading to minimal interest.  I have the core game and likely will pick this up at some point, but not in a hurry.

Hofstadter

Ill be picking it up, it will make for a good backround video for my napoleon series
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

mikeck

Quote from: jomni on June 16, 2016, 05:33:47 PM

If your talking about the sandbox campaign, I can't advise on that. I play the Waterloo and Quatre Bras scenarios or a sandbox game but not the sandbox campaign.

jomni

Quote from: mikeck on June 16, 2016, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: jomni on June 16, 2016, 05:33:47 PM

If your talking about the sandbox campaign, I can't advise on that. I play the Waterloo and Quatre Bras scenarios or a sandbox game but not the sandbox campaign.

Yup that one. I have Waterloo and was really let down.

Skoop

I'm really surprised the sandbox campaign isn't getting more treatment, it was best new feature added to the series, you'd think they would put some time into that. 

Anguille

As usual, i have the game but didn't find time yet to play it.  :-\

Rayfer

Apart from campaigns, what's the state of the game playing individual scenarios?

Nefaro

Quote from: Anguille on June 17, 2016, 02:05:58 AM
As usual, i have the game but didn't find time yet to play it.  :-\

That's been my hold back in buying it. 

Gotta wait for the right time.  Hell, I still have plenty of the original SOW yet to be played.  Swamped!

Toonces

I'm thinking of picking this up...what's the dealio with the sandbox campaign?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Question.....is there a way within Waterloo to UNLOCK the single player battles without having to play them in order outside of the campaign?  I looked in a few forums, couldn't find anything.....as I have mentioned in the past, I simply HATE unlocks in games, let me play whatever I want and when I want if I purchased your game!

I believe for Gettysburg, at one point someone released modded versions to make this happen, just could find if done for Waterloo.