Matrix holiday 2016 sale is here!

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Tuna on November 24, 2016, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 24, 2016, 11:25:26 AM
Quote from: Tuna on November 24, 2016, 11:21:24 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 24, 2016, 11:09:07 AM
Re Pr0n multiplayer: I haven't tried that yet, but I have to think it's more feasible than Vicky2 multiplayer (which must however be hilarious, considering the engine).

We have an mp Pr0n campaign with... three of the Grogs, I think? Maybe four? More than two... somewhere in the Digital AARs. As I recall, some kind of catastrophic bug killed the game eventually, but it was fooling along nicely until then.  O0

I was having fun. It was me, sdr  and geek.

If I picked this up, would any of you be interested in a PBEM game.

If it was like four people. But not sure how hosting goes, and if it's easy to do? I think SDR was our host.

I'm up for taking another crack at it.
Hosting wasn't too bad.  Input everyone's save file into the folder, run the turn, send the new file out to everyone after the turn was processed.  Repeat.

bbmike

Before you start you should know that another quickfix is supposed to be coming to fix remaining issues.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

So we wait for the fix?

Am I recalling correctly is this the game where they stopped giving patches for the GamersGate people?

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 24, 2016, 11:20:13 PM
So we wait for the fix?

Am I recalling correctly is this the game where they stopped giving patches for the GamersGate people?

I had been getting them from the AGEOD forum for awhile.  Dunno if that situation changed after Slitherine-Matrix took over.

I got the Steam version whenever I picked up that AGEOD bundle deal earlier this year.  Haven't checked the update situation.

The few multi-player AARs of PrON I've read always ended early, at some point, due to a major bug.

Tuna

Actually talking to SDR and downloading right now, it's big.. 1.4 Gig.. lol. I need to get up to bed!

Silent Disapproval Robot

I downloaded the Oct 26th hotfix.  It installed on the Gamersgate version with no issues and the game seems to run fine.

OJsDad

For Pride of Nations, it looks like there is the base game plus 4 DLC.  Are the DLC just scenario packs are do any of them add features.  The DLC all together is only $4 but still.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

Quote from: OJsDad on November 25, 2016, 08:50:11 AM
For Pride of Nations, it looks like there is the base game plus 4 DLC.  Are the DLC just scenario packs are do any of them add features.  The DLC all together is only $4 but still.

IIRC they are basically scenario packs.  The ones of which I took most featured later campaign start dates.  So if you were sick of slogging through the 1850s, for example, one of the DLCs has a start around 1870 or 1880.  Gives you a campaign that only takes half a lifetime to get through, instead of a whole one, and the nations start off more developed.  ;)

Tuna

Nef, you going to join our Multiplayer game? If SDR says the patch looks good (Last night he said it seems promising).. Me, you, Nef, OJ's dad? I'll have to reinstall, but could be fun.

OJsDad

Quote from: Tuna on November 25, 2016, 10:36:59 AM
Nef, you going to join our Multiplayer game? If SDR says the patch looks good (Last night he said it seems promising).. Me, you, Nef, OJ's dad? I'll have to reinstall, but could be fun.

I'll be in.  Getting ready to purchase.  Just to be clear I don't need any of the DLC, correct.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Tuna

Yeah.. we didn't use any last time... I have it all I think, but we just played regular stock scenario.

BEFORE YOU BUY... Have you played other AGEOD games? Are you ok with the engine, it's not for everyone.

Post on the PON thread that's already here, instead of hijacking this one.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14352.15

Rayfer

Took the Holiday Plunge...Polaris....downloading it now. 

Tuna

Quote from: Rayfer on November 25, 2016, 02:56:02 PM
Took the Holiday Plunge...Polaris....downloading it now.

Can't go wrong with that one!

Wolfe1759

Caved in pretty quickly and bought the Pacific Pack (Morning Sun, Rising Sun, US Pacific and US Marines) for Order of Battle WW2 via Steam for £16

If you haven't already got it Advanced Tactics Gold is very good value at Matrix £8.99 Steam £7.58

Martok - you've got some crackers there, I'd recommend:

Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided - amazingly a GG game you could conceivably complete in one (longish) sitting - a bit of an overlooked gem in my opinion.

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage - really challenging AI
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.