Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Sir Slash

More careless cigarette smoking?  :headscratch:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Storm Shadow cruise missiles vs very fixed targets.  :Party:
which means air launched cruise missiles from somewhere over the SW Black Sea by the UkAF.

Windigo

I'd say that surface ship is a loss.... tougher to tell about the submarine.

Dollar for dollar, I'd say that is a very fair trade.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

The UK came close to losing an RAF crew of 30 last fall:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66798508

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Sounds very, "Hunt For Red October"-ish doesn't it?  :shocked:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Windigo on September 14, 2023, 10:57:54 AMI'd say that surface ship is a loss.... tougher to tell about the submarine.

Dollar for dollar, I'd say that is a very fair trade.

was watching the dockside video of it today.  its a total write off.  the sub is also fucked.  even if it didnt take a direct hit the fire of the ship next to it cooked its tiles.  most importantly, both dry docks are fucked and that leaves just one the russians have in the Black Sea.

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

Yeah.  I take it all with a grain of salt, but here is a pretty detailed article talking about how it happened:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/09/13/ukrainian-bombers-firing-western-cruise-missiles-have-destroyed-a-russian-submarine/?ss=aerospace-defense&sh=5404016d1ea7.

Apparently, they used commandos to disable a couple of sensor platforms on oceanic rigs, and they exploited a recently created hole in the Russian SAM network to target both ships with 10 British and/or French cruise missiles.  It seems counterintuitive, but if ships are in dry dock, they're often not well manned, have their power (and firefighting systems) turned off, and have lots more flammable materials lying around.

That, or the Russians just didn't put enough tires on top of those two ships...

GDS_Starfury

what you described sounds like a much more awesome operation.
it jives with the alleged destruction of a whole s-400 system, radars and all launch platforms.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

Say hello to our new Polish overlords.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Looking at the flame colours coming off the warship, I would say it is well and truly fucked. The core white in the flame says there are high temps being reached and some metals are melting.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Tripoli

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-landing-ship-destroyed-and-it-will-take-years-to-repair-submarine-uk-intelligence/ar-AA1gKUrC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=44e05e035f3448aba5bcdf971d3bcc7e&ei=15#image=1

MSN is quoting UK intelligence as saying the sub is effectively a mid-term loss, although it might be able to be salvaged after years and hundreds of millions of dollars.  According to them, the Minsk is a gonner.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln