Boba Fett is still THE badass

Started by besilarius, April 19, 2015, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

I knew they couldn't keep my man down. Boba's so bad he'd just tear the Sarlacc a new Aft Hole with or without spikes surrounding it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Dude was all style and no substance.  He's the metro-sexual poseur of the bounty hunter world.  Ohh look at my sweet armor!  Don't I look cool?   Really, what did he accomplish other than getting bitch slapped by a blind Han Solo and falling into a giant, sandy vagina?

Staggerwing

Wasn't he actually a defective clone adopted by the guy they made the clone-mold from?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

I think the other notable bounty hunters could use some more screen time too.

I mean.. you got IG-88, the escaped assassin droid, which could make for some cold calculating pursuit.  Bossk the Trandoshan, the lizard mannish beefcakes who live for hunting and supposedly have a special hatred for wookies.  Lots of storyline potential.

BanzaiCat

IG-88 looks like a badass in the Imperial Assault game.

Also, I think Slave-I looks stupid. There, I said it!

Sir Slash

I thought Boba was the son of the clone-mold guy. Wasn't that in the second film of the new trilogy? Obiwan comes to confront him on the water world and Boba was just a little Fett then. I always wondered why he wore the helmet you couldn't see out of. Maybe it was so nobody could see him cry cause he lost his daddy. To a mean old Jedi with a weak English accent.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Jango was the dad that the clones were based on

Boba was the kid who wanted revenge on the Jedi for killing his dad
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Uberhaus

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 20, 2015, 12:25:12 PM
I thought Boba was the son of the clone-mold guy. Wasn't that in the second film of the new trilogy? Obiwan comes to confront him on the water world and Boba was just a little Fett then. I always wondered why he wore the helmet you couldn't see out of. Maybe it was so nobody could see him cry cause he lost his daddy. To a mean old Jedi with a weak English accent.

It was Nick Fury than decapitated old Jango.  Not Obi-Wan, not Laurence Fishburne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EcZm3wOv1k

btw SDR your quote is the best description of Bubba, ever!

Sir Slash

Yeah, that's right. I just couldn't remember if it was Boba and his Dad/Jango that Obiwan confronted on the water world. Maybe Boba's mother will be in film. She could be menopausal and they could call her, Having-A-Fett. ;D

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 20, 2015, 01:23:28 PM
Yeah, that's right. I just couldn't remember if it was Boba and his Dad/Jango that Obiwan confronted on the water world. Maybe Boba's mother will be in film. She could be menopausal and they could call her, Having-A-Fett. ;D

In Episode 2 (IIRC?) the cloner said that Jango requested one of his clones, unmodified for enhanced aging and behavioral restrictions etc, for his own.  Which was Boba.

So, yeah, you were right.  B is a petrie dish baby.

Sir Slash

So, no mother. Just an egg or some such. Maybe that accounts for his attitude. No Chocolate Chip cookies growing up. Or maybe it was those damned Sonic Mines that screwed him up. They made me a little crazy for a couple of minutes too.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 20, 2015, 10:47:14 PM
So, no mother. Just an egg or some such. Maybe that accounts for his attitude. No Chocolate Chip cookies growing up. Or maybe it was those damned Sonic Mines that screwed him up. They made me a little crazy for a couple of minutes too.

Wish I had sonic charges to play with when I was a kid. 

Would've made for quite the sandbox wars.

Sir Slash

Yeah man. Cherry Bombs just can't compare.