Main Menu

Black Mass

Started by mirth, April 24, 2015, 02:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Not quite as entertaining as Joe Pesci.

Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Still looks awesome. Great cast.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Steelgrave

That looks great! Ditto the awesome cast. And Depp is channeling his inner Jack Nicholson in the preview. Coolness.

mirth

I was reading that Depp eerily embodies Whitey Bulger. The voice, the tone, the mannerisms are all spot on. When he's not chewing scenery as Jack Sparrow, Johnny Depp can be an excellent actor.

Nefaro

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 24, 2015, 05:09:48 PM
That looks great! Ditto the awesome cast. And Depp is channeling his inner Jack Nicholson in the preview. Coolness.

Wasn't Nicholson's fictional character in The Departed loosely based on Whitey Bulger too?

I always thought, after learning some detailed accounts of Whitey's doings, that the real story would be better.  I wonder if they'll also show his gov't administered LSD experiments, as a young inmate, in the early part.  Don't need fiction to portray that guy's life.  :o

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on April 25, 2015, 08:57:51 PM
Wasn't Nicholson's fictional character in The Departed loosely based on Whitey Bulger too?

That's my understanding too about Nicholson's character. And I agree that the real Whitey doesn't need to be fictionalized.

Steelgrave

mirth

New trailer. This is shaping up as a must-see.  Depp just looks evil.

MetalDog

Agreed with mirth on Johnny Depp.  All that over the top sh*t he does gets nerve wracking after awhile.  I think one of his best turns was Donnie Brasco.  If by some chance you have not seen it, run, don't walk, to the nearest place you can get it and watch it!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob