Main Menu

Salem

Started by TacticalWargames, July 09, 2015, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalWargames

Who ever mentioned this show on here thanks..just watched season 1 and started season 2. Really enjoying it. Needed something now Penny Dreadful has finished.

The part where she chops of the drunks member and replaces it with a Crows head was both horrifying and funny at the same time.

Nefaro

;)

O0

I've not seen the second season yet.  I thought it was a Netflix-only thing but... is it not?

TacticalWargames

Nefaro

Quote from: TacticalWargames on July 09, 2015, 09:58:58 PM
Thanks Nefaro!

I think Gus mentioned it in passing, somewhere.  So when I was flipping through Netflix stuff & noticed it, I began watching.  Wasn't disappointed.

TacticalWargames

I'm downloading the second season..they've upped the gruesomeness.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I like Salem. Nefaro and I have been debating Salem v. Penny Dreadful. I like Penny Dreadful more, but I am deeply in love with Eva Green so I am biased.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TacticalWargames

Penny Dreadful is better..and I to like Eva. Salem is still a fine show though. Also just noticed Dominion has started aswell. Not the greatest series in the world but worth a watch.

@Staggerwing..certain websites have it up for download.

Nefaro

Oh yeah.. Penny Dreadful is a top notch series.  Salem isn't the fanciest of the bunch but it's still very enjoyable on what is obviously a smaller budget.

I'm guessing Salem's second season was broadcast on some cable channel?  I thought it was made for Netflix, but maybe I'm wrong.  I did see an episode or two listed on some cable channel.. can't remember which.  Didn't know there was a second season until someone mentioned it here.

Gusington

Salem does always manage to scare me. Penny Dreadful turns me on and scares me. At the same time :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on July 12, 2015, 02:13:29 PM
Salem does always manage to scare me. Penny Dreadful turns me on and scares me. At the same time :)

Penny Dreadful doesn't really scare me.  It's a high quality modern approach to gothic horror and an interesting tale.  Which is great because I don't need, or prefer, to have stuff instantly flashing up onto the screen all the time for a cheap jump in order to enjoy it. 

While Salem has the rare quick flash of the "jump scare" cinematography, I also thought there was a moment or two where it was exceptionally (and wonderfully) creepy.  Such as the chica communing with the dead dude.   That's the kind of unsettling stuff I enjoy in horror flicks.  O0

Gusington

Both shows have more than their fair share of 'unsettling.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd