What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Fine. It's still tied with The Exorcist as my top horror film of all time. The Witch rounds out my top 3.

Pratt are you telling me you can't watch Full Metal Jacket or Paths of Glory??? Come on. Two classic war movies there.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Haven't even tried Paths to Glory, to be fair; can't watch FMJ.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

The Old Woman in the bathtub scene was scary for a Old Woman type reason. It'd been more scary if she had pulled Jack in with her. Where's that Vomit Emote? The first Nightmare on Elm Street movie scared the shit outta me when I first saw it late at night on HBO. I still like to watch it to see Johnny Depp get hacked-up.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm still working my way though The Secret War: Spies, Ciphers, and Guerillas.  I'm also slogging through The Bombing War: Europe 1939-1945 by Richard Overy.  It's a massive book.  The opening chapters that detail the philosophies and assumptions made by each nation and how this led to differing air warfare strategies was quite good.  Some of the later chapters covering the actual war aren't as good as they don't go into the sort of depth I was hoping for.  The chapters on the Battle of Britain and the USAAF and RAF campaigns don't reveal anything new.  However, the chapters on the Eastern Front are fascinating as much of the information presented in the book is based on newly declassified Soviet documents. 

Gusington

I have never seen an of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

CAN'T WATCH FMJ??? WHAT WHAT WHAT

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on July 25, 2016, 07:45:53 PM
I have never seen an of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

Assuming you're not kidding, you and MD could have a heck of a slumber party.  ;D

MetalDog

I've seen most of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on July 25, 2016, 07:49:06 PM

But oh so many that you have not seen...

mirth

What the hell did you people do with your childhoods?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I understand the shock at my Nightmare on Elm Street reveal but please let's focus on Pratt's inability to watch FMJ.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on July 25, 2016, 07:51:52 PM
I understand the shock at my Nightmare on Elm Street reveal but please let's focus on Pratt's inability to watch FMJ.

Good point. WTF?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 25, 2016, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 25, 2016, 07:49:06 PM

But oh so many that you have not seen...

I just watched Get Shorty and High Fidelity for the first time the other night.  Saw Straight Outta Compton last weekend.  What else do you guys want from me?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I didn't like Get Shorty. But I liked Swordfish. Hell, I liked Last Action Hero and Flash Gordon, so what do I know.