Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 20, 2016, 02:58:36 PM
Man, Sins is such an awesome game.

It really is brilliant. I always felt like it never quite got the recognition it deserved, but maybe that's just my subjective impression.

FarAway Sooner

I used to play the Alkari a lot in the original MoO.  Get Inertial Stabilizers early on, with a fleet of small ships and weaponry that could cut through shields effectively, and they were almost invincible!

Until somebody was able to initiate ground combat somewhere, that was...

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on April 20, 2016, 02:47:50 PM

Although I didn't spend a lot of time with it, give credit to Endless Space for coming up with some creative races. Like the "Horatio" race of clones.

Hell yes.

Horatio was comically wonderful.  Because Horatio wants to turn everyone into Horatio.   ^-^

I'm definitely starting another ES campaign with them.  Because, deep down, we're all Horatio.

jamus34

Deleted because quoting from the cell phone is a lesson in extreme annoyance
Insert witty comment here.

Freyland

Quote from: jamus34 on April 21, 2016, 08:48:35 AM
Deleted because quoting from the cell phone is a lesson in extreme annoyance
Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo II

vyshka

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 20, 2016, 01:39:55 PM
Its pretty interesting. The only game that I ever had any desire to play any race other than humans, was Master of Orion, where I would frequently choose to play as the Bulrathi.

Klackon for me. Early Access 3 is up today, so I might have to play another game of MoO.

jamus34

OK, I got caught up on the hype train and pre-ordered, damn my weakness
Insert witty comment here.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on April 27, 2016, 12:42:00 PM

I'm gonna be boarding before long, too.  Especially with the 25% off voucher from Green Man Gaming (wonder how much longer that's good for).

Huw the Poo

Pete Dero

Watched the twitch steams of Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris and decided to pre-order Stellaris and leave HOI IV alone  (1 army = 30 divisions without any command structure ??)

For the coupon :

WATCH25

Click here to save now on these titles by simply entering the voucher above at the checkout to get 25% off! You'll need to act fast, though. These incredible deals are available for one week only!

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2016, 12:43:13 PM

I'm gonna be boarding before long, too.  Especially with the 25% off voucher from Green Man Gaming (wonder how much longer that's good for).

CD Keys still has it pretty cheap

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/stellaris-pc-cd-key-steam

JudgeDredd

Damn you Tuna!!  >:(

I was holding out so well.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on April 27, 2016, 02:08:57 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2016, 12:43:13 PM

CD Keys still has it pretty cheap

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/stellaris-pc-cd-key-steam

I'm wary of that one after Jarhead mentioned they wanted extra bank/card info directly from him to use it.

AFAIK nobody here has had an issue with it, but I'll stick with the outlets I know if possible.  Especially if they ask me for bank account verification, which sounded a bit sketchy.

Tuna

I used them twice before.. with Paypal.. and they were fine with my 'un verified' account.. which Green Man Gaming is not.

JudgeDredd

I paid with Paypal...however, I was a bit annoyed that they then requested I give them my number for them to call or text. As I had already paid at that point, I put my mobile in and received a text with the authentication code right away

However, I won't be using them again because of that cheap trick...and I call it "cheap trick" because there's no apparent reason for requiring sending an authentication code...the fact I paid (by Paypal or otherwise) should be authentication enough

No-one's fault but mine. I'm sure I knew about the "authentication" process with cdkeys...I'd just forgotten about it.
Alba gu' brath