Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

good, hopefully with added tetanus  :ThumbsUp:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Con

That anti drone armor is going to give future model makers heart attacks
Makes modeling Zimmermat look like child's play

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

this is somewhat graphic and I'm not posting it for the simple joy of watching a vatnik disintergrate but the personal lethality of battlespace drones.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1772851022601576728

FarAway Sooner

I appreciate the clarification of posting Starfury.  The psychological impact of an enemy having that sort of weapon is crazy/creepy.

Windigo

Wait until they are autonomous.... that shit will keep you up at night.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

I thought about posting that as well as a reply to those Z cope sticks. That they are there for a reason. But did not find the tweet anymore when I came to it.

What madness. Would have been sci-fi level stuff just a couple of years back.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

my take is that, once again, the electronic warfare spectrum is the unsung hero of the modern battlefield.  there are no serious things I've read that didn't include Prowlers, Spark Varks and Prowlers as essential elements in the operational scheme.  the concept just filters down these days to at least the company level if not further.

Uberhaus

A BBC video where Steve Rosenberg translates the dangerous direction Russian information shaping is going in regards to the Moscow theatre attack.  https://bbc.com/news/world-europe-68674588   If someone can figure out how to directly post this vid, be my guest; it's not up on youtube yet.

Unfortunately, Bortnikov states that they think the West is involved.  As the head of the FSB, this contradicts the earlier information that Russian intelligence officers are angry with Putin (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/russian-spies-furious-with-putin-over-moscow-attack-the-tough-guy-didn-t-keep-us-safe/ar-BB1kv08D)

GDS_Starfury

post putin election and russia needs to mobilize more people to get wrecked.  draw your own conclusions.

Uberhaus

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 28, 2024, 11:25:49 AMpost putin election and russia needs to mobilize more people to get wrecked.  draw your own conclusions.

Yes, and more.  It is an amplification of the idea of an existential war for the Russian people and might be preparation for conflict with NATO.  While the Russian military is currently in no shape for a conventional confrontation with the West, they sure are trying.  https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russia-is-preparing-for-an-all-out-war-with-nato-to-happen-sooner-than-originally-believed-isw/ar-BB1kk5sX

That the head of the FSB came out publicly and stated that the intelligence services believe that the West is responsible, shows that they are on side with this nonsense.  I'd love for Russia to just quit, and behave like a civilized people, to paraphrase: a people of Dostoyevsky, not Genghis Khan; however, to not quit is deeply ingrained in their culture.

This is a lot to infer from very little, but when I see information like Rosenberg is showing, I am not going to use the adjective "dangerous" lightly.

JasonPratt

Re the cat training video (had to open a new window for that due to too many tabs, but worth it): I legitimately had a dream last night where thanks to a hole worn in my outer wall in my bedroom back as a child, cats had decided to have litters of kittens under my bed occasionally (partially true, our house and garage were favorite spots for wild litters to spawn in, from which I occasionally joke today that I was partially raised by cats) -- and this had happened over enough generations that the kittens were learning how to play the various war games boxed under my bed!

So I got to watch some amusing kitten-wargame action in my dreams last night (while dealing with related nightmare problems of A GAPING HOLE IN MY WALL over time. Not actual history, fortunately.)

Consequently, now part of my brain is amusedly trying to decide if this counts as a legitimate providential coincidence sign...  :ThumbsUp:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!