Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

100% agreed, Sandman.  My anticipation for Stellaris is at fever pitch, and it's a massive strain not to read the developer diaries.  I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game.  And while some are understandably skeptical, I stand by my guess that Stellaris will be out Q2 2016.

OJsDad

Quote from: Kushan on February 15, 2016, 01:51:07 PM
Really liked what I saw in today's Administrative Sectors dev diary.

The Vassals, Colonial colonies concept obviously isn't new for paradox but its the first time I can remember seeing it done in a space 4x. I love how races and like minded pops will migrate to specific regions.

In a future DLC I think I'd like to see them expand the system out to where if you had a large empire with high corruption, then your sector governors could potentially start trying to set themselves up as their own empire.

MOO3 was supposed to have Imperial Points (or a similar name) that kept a player from doing everything on their own and relying on the AI to help manage an empire.  They couldn't get it to work.  I suspect Paradox will be a lot more successful. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Martok

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 18, 2016, 05:05:44 PM
My anticipation for Stellaris is at fever pitch, and it's a massive strain not to read the developer diaries. 
I haven't even tried to hold back.  I eagerly read each dev diary as soon as I find out a new one is up.  It's a form of self-torture, as it merely whets my appetite all the more, but I can't help myself! 

Quote from: OJsDad on February 18, 2016, 06:17:15 PM
Quote from: Kushan on February 15, 2016, 01:51:07 PM
Really liked what I saw in today's Administrative Sectors dev diary.

The Vassals, Colonial colonies concept obviously isn't new for paradox but its the first time I can remember seeing it done in a space 4x. I love how races and like minded pops will migrate to specific regions.

In a future DLC I think I'd like to see them expand the system out to where if you had a large empire with high corruption, then your sector governors could potentially start trying to set themselves up as their own empire.

MOO3 was supposed to have Imperial Points (or a similar name) that kept a player from doing everything on their own and relying on the AI to help manage an empire.  They couldn't get it to work.  I suspect Paradox will be a lot more successful. 
Agreed.  Of course we won't really know til the game is released, but I have a feeling Paradox has a decent handle on it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Millipede

Anguille

Millipede

Well aren't I stupid! Wishful thinking I suppose...  :-[

undercovergeek

boooooooooooooooooooooo

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Huw the Poo

Paradox just did some event where they showed the game off, I think it was the same event PCGamer were going on about a month ago.  Anyway, during that event they said they wouldn't announce a release date just yet but that Stellaris is now in beta. :)

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Paradox are having a press conference on Tuesday and Fred Wester says to expect something "Stellar".

Also, the Stellaris twitter just said "rumour has it several amazing things will happen next week."

All aboard the hype train!  Choo chooo!

sandman2575

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 12, 2016, 12:45:54 PM
Paradox are having a press conference on Tuesday and Fred Wester says to expect something "Stellar".

So they're finally going to announce the release date for Hearts of Iron IV?

O0

Kushan

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 12, 2016, 01:13:04 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 12, 2016, 12:45:54 PM

So they're finally going to announce the release date for Hearts of Iron IV?

O0

You're an evil and sadistic person ;)

Given that their last two dev diaries where about AI and MP and all the other major areas already have one, I can see them announcing a release date soon.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play