Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^There you go - yeah that's the deal I got.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2018, 05:35:22 PM
^There you go - yeah that's the deal I got.

Thanks for the inputs..I'm not against saving some money.

SirAndrewD

Prepare yourselves!

Sadly such a terrible attempt to bring Battletech to the mainstream.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

SirAndrewD

Indeed, it was a terrible show.  Battletech didn't lend itself to being a mid afternoon kids show. 

The show was only nominally attached the canon anyway.  It tried, but it constantly dumbed itself down to try to appeal to kids and streamline the story. 

The big draw and gist of the show was to show of early 90's CGI, it wasn't a good recommendation point.  They'd have been better off just animating the Mech on Mech action.

The most interesting thing about the cartoon is how it ended up fitting in canon.  The cartoon itself was not canon, its story was sort of in line with the story of the Clan Invasion, but was divergent enough to not fit with what people wanted or expected. 

However, in the later Battletech novels, the cartoon is referenced in universe.  Essentially, in the Battletech canon, the cartoon is real and was something showed in the Federated Commenwealth as a highly fictionalized television show for kids, that told the story of the Clan invasion from the Lyran perspective. 

So, the cartoon, is canon, because the cartoon exists in the Battletech canon as an actual TV show shown in the Inner Sphere as a fictionalized account of the Clan Invasion for kids.

Wrap your heads around that fellas.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Still wrapping my head around hawt mech on mech action.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

This thread is making me NOT want to play Battletech  :'(

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

acctingman

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 03, 2018, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: acctingman on April 03, 2018, 09:22:06 AM
This thread is making me NOT want to play Battletech  :'(

Maybe this one does, then.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22010.0

:P

I thought about it Yskonyn but my time commitments these days are shaky at best. Don't think I can even buy the game when it comes out.

Yskonyn

You don't need the upcoming BT game at all.
We will play using free software to simulate the tabletop game rather than the video game.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

CptHowdy

christopherodd has video up on youtube. start of campaign mode. says he can show first 6-8 hours of game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtIi_PiLQLg

Gusington

Wow Yassy - you have spent a lot of time on this.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd