WH40K: Inquisitor Martyr

Started by Jarhead0331, May 04, 2016, 08:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I really enjoyed the game, but have not played since the 2.0 update. I'll be getting prophesy...new inquisitor class and tyranids.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mbar

You're buying the standalone add on? Cannot get a better recommendation than that for me to buy Martyr.  :bd:

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 31, 2019, 10:28:04 AM
I really enjoyed the game, but have not played since the 2.0 update. I'll be getting prophesy...new inquisitor class and tyranids.

I thought the new enemy race is Eldar.

Jarhead0331

^nope. Tyranids. Although Eldar are mentioned in the plot details. Maybe they are in it too. Would be cool.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2019, 09:43:59 AM
^nope. Tyranids. Although Eldar are mentioned in the plot details. Maybe they are in it too. Would be cool.

Just checked the Steam store page description and people's impressions, seems both Eldar and Tyranids are in.

Tpek

If I get Prophecy, will I need to uninstall Martyr and install Prophecy instead?
Or will I need to have both installed?

mbar

I'm also curious how the two game integrate. I read a review where someone bought Martyr, hated it and returned it. Bought Prophecy and found the characters he'd created for Martyr were also available along with the new class.

SirAndrewD

I bought Martyr at 50% off and started a character on there to try it out before the refund period expired.  After I decided I liked it I picked up Prophecy and my character that I started in Martyr was available in there with the campaign still in progress. 

I don't know if I need both installed though, but I am just playing Prophecy now.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on August 02, 2019, 01:54:32 PM
If I get Prophecy, will I need to uninstall Martyr and install Prophecy instead?

No...it's a DLC that ties into the main game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 02, 2019, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: Tpek on August 02, 2019, 01:54:32 PM

No...it's a DLC that ties into the main game.

Actually, installation of Prophecy does create a separate executable in your steam library. However, the Prophecy additions also appear when running Martyr (i.e. you can create a tech priest class inquisitor). I'm assuming if you want to play the prophecy story missions, you would run that executable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

Sounds like they integrate fairly seamlessly. I'm enjoying Martry so far and now I have $5 more of a discount for Prophecy if I want.

mbar

I have Martyr installed. Bought Prophecy today. It was a zero byte download. With both games tied to same neocore account, they integrate seamlessly.

SirAndrewD

Is it just me or is the Grav Gun insanely OP?  I got a relic one and tried it out, and now I'm just advancing solo through maps spamming the third fire button and watching things just die en mass.  It's so rough I swapped out my melee secondary weapon for a Rare level Grav Gun, and now I'm just spamming until I overheat and swap guns.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Wow! ...Half Life 3 sounds brutal!  :bd: >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 07, 2019, 05:53:16 PM
Is it just me or is the Grav Gun insanely OP?  I got a relic one and tried it out, and now I'm just advancing solo through maps spamming the third fire button and watching things just die en mass.  It's so rough I swapped out my melee secondary weapon for a Rare level Grav Gun, and now I'm just spamming until I overheat and swap guns.

Who has the Grav Gun?
Is it a new weapon for one of the already existing classes?