Shadowrun Crossfire Voting Open

Started by RooksBailey, January 10, 2015, 03:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Saw this on Facebook:

QuoteShadowrun: Crossfire Mission contest voting now open!

By JHARDY | Published: JANUARY 9, 2015

A few months ago we announced a contest for fans to design their own mission for Shadowrun: Crossfire. We received some intriguing submissions, and the time has come for fans to vote both on the Fan Favorite mission and on the Wildest Ride! Votes can be submitted at a forum thread posted for that purpose, or they can be e-mailed to randall@catalystgamelabs.com. So get voting, and good luck to all the designers!

I think Crossfire will be my next board game purchase, especially now that the miniatures game seems to be making little progress.   >:(
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

I've only played one session of Crossfire. 

It was enjoyable but very difficult to win with beginning characters without level-ups.  So expect to abandon runs regularly at first until they get experience.

My big concern with S:C is the amount of card content available in the base set.  I'm not sure how many games it will take before regularly seeing the same cards come up.  I've been hoping they put out an expansion at some point, at least for more enemy encounter variety and equipment/spells, but the base set should keep me busy for a bit. 

The mechanics are a bit different than most deck-builders.  The theme comes through in the mechanics more than some. 

I have been planning to bring one of these solitaire deck-builders to the table soon.  I still haven't played Shadowrift despite some god word of mouth.  It may be the so-so look of the cards or the reportedly flaky stock rules that keep me procrastinating on it (even though there are supposed to be new rules on BGG).  Also have Galactic Strike Force to give a second go because I couldn't get a good gauge on it the first time.  Legendary Encounters is great but I suspect it may get a bit too familiar too quick with just the four Alien movies to use for content.  Crossfire is somewhere in that To-Play list.

I also still haven't done Warfighter as far as solitaire card games go, although it's not a deck-builder.  So many games.   :o

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2015, 03:47:14 PM
I've only played one session of Crossfire. 

It was enjoyable but very difficult to win with beginning characters without level-ups.  So expect to abandon runs regularly at first until they get experience.

My big concern with S:C is the amount of card content available in the base set.  I'm not sure how many games it will take before regularly seeing the same cards come up.  I've been hoping they put out an expansion at some point, at least for more enemy encounter variety and equipment/spells, but the base set should keep me busy for a bit. 

The mechanics are a bit different than most deck-builders.  The theme comes through in the mechanics more than some. 

Thanks for sharing your impressions.  I have to admit: the idea of losing your first few runs makes sense to me in a "real world" sort of way.   :)  But I can imagine that it gets a bit frustrating at times.  Still, seeing how super-easy Shadowrun Returns was, even on hard, I'd rather have a tough game. 

QuoteI have been planning to bring one of these solitaire deck-builders to the table soon.  I still haven't played Shadowrift despite some god word of mouth.  It may be the so-so look of the cards or the reportedly flaky stock rules that keep me procrastinating on it (even though there are supposed to be new rules on BGG).  Also have Galactic Strike Force to give a second go because I couldn't get a good gauge on it the first time.  Legendary Encounters is great but I suspect it may get a bit too familiar too quick with just the four Alien movies to use for content.  Crossfire is somewhere in that To-Play list.

I also still haven't done Warfighter as far as solitaire card games go, although it's not a deck-builder.  So many games.   :o

Those are a lot of games I have to check out one day!  O0
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway