Unexpected RPG finds

Started by bayonetbrant, July 18, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I've been cleaning up the shelves down in the library, and I grabbed my 4e PH and PH2 to move them out to the man-cave.  I grabbed my 4e red box starter off the shelf and it felt really heavy.  So I opened up the box, and there's the 4e Adventurer's Vault and Dungeon Delve books inside it...  Score!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

My best find to date was what I mentioned in the Star Trek / Traveller thread: boxed FASA Star Trek rpg (edition unknown) with both fed and klingon deck plans as well as the star trek 3 and 4 sourcebooks inside.

I do love used book stores and antique shops.

bayonetbrant

I found mine on my own damned bookshelf!  :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

I seem to do that as well. I just discovered that I had kept the box (and contents) for Star Fleet Battles Volume III. I could have sworn I threw the box away years ago. I also re-discovered that I had bought the latest edition of Federation and Empire not too long age.  :))
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Long as I've been around this place I still clicked on the thread expecting a story about some Sov-Afghan vet's grandkids finding a case of RPG-7s in the attic.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys