Games you want to play but haven't

Started by Dammit Carl!, July 19, 2015, 02:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on July 22, 2015, 10:23:48 AM
I'm not sure I understand the love of Firefly.  It was like a 3 episode TV series...

Oh Snap
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

The problem with Firefly in the gaming world is the nearly universal use of stock footage photos from the tv show, constantly reused.

Granted, I much prefer my games to have actual artwork instead of live actor photos and their occasionally ridiculous looking props.  It's why I wrinkle my nose at many of the Flying Frog games, despite them being enjoyable.  But even aside from this point, just how many of these shots can you glean from one season, for all the games out there?  The repetition and lack of variety makes it twice as bad.

May not be a big deal with the RPG, but the Adventure games (such as the big boardgame) use a lot of flashy components that require a lot of art/photos.  I can only imagine how much scrounging they have to do for expansions, and coming up short on descriptive photos for some of it.   

Dammit Carl!

Without a specific place to post this, I figure that this thread would do seeing as we're talking about the gaming, "maybes," of our lives:

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Deadlands2015

Git yer classic Deadlands on muy pronto amigos!

The Huckster was my favorite class in this game as it reminded me so much of the Wild Mage from AD&D's 2nd edition days;  random magic crap "oopsies," = zany adventures.

Other players didn't have that sort of feeling about such happenings, mind you, but they were a bunch of sticks-in-the-mud anyhow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 30, 2015, 08:14:36 AM
Without a specific place to post this, I figure that this thread would do seeing as we're talking about the gaming, "maybes," of our lives:

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Deadlands2015

Git yer classic Deadlands on muy pronto amigos!

The Huckster was my favorite class in this game as it reminded me so much of the Wild Mage from AD&D's 2nd edition days;  random magic crap "oopsies," = zany adventures.

Other players didn't have that sort of feeling about such happenings, mind you, but they were a bunch of sticks-in-the-mud anyhow.

Nice.

I'm still plotting my Deadlands Reloaded foray.

Dammit Carl!

A million years ago, I swear I saw something of a "conversion," chart from old Deadlands stuff to the (then newer) Savage Worlds materials so not all is lost if one gets the older goods for more modern use.