Reprints of AD&D1e Books

Started by bayonetbrant, July 13, 2012, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

WotC is reprinting the original AD&D books, with proceeds going to the Gygax Memorial Fund

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/02410000

QuoteTo help honor his work and his memory, we created limited-edition reprints of the original 1st Edition core rulebooks: the Monster Manual, Player's Handbook, and Dungeon Master's Guide. These premium versions of the original AD&D rulebooks have been lovingly reprinted with the original art and content, but feature an attractive new cover design commemorating this re-release.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

eyebiter

Wonder if the Deities and Demigods reprint will include the deleted Cthulhu and Melnibonéan content from the 1981 first print edition?

bayonetbrant

reading the info at the link, I don't think they're doing DDG.  It looks like just the 3 core books: PH, DMG, MM
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

meadbelly

These are available in stores now, btw.

Double Deuce

Saw these in my FLGS last Wednesday but they were shrink-wrapped so I couldn't open them.  8)   Are these just full blown copies of the originals but with fancy new covers? I figure if they are I'll pass on them since I already have copies of my AD&D 1e originals.

Bison

Unearthed Arcana is releasing on 19 Feb along with a couple of 1st edition adventure packs.  This is so awesome.  I love 1st ed. D&D. 

Double Deuce

Bison

Toonces

I really shouldn't have clicked that link.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

^  Yeah, I really should've repeated Smuck's mantra in my head. 

...No, not *that* mantra.  The other one. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces