I'm Older Than..........???

Started by airboy, June 03, 2014, 04:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2014, 06:09:29 AM
Please stop.  I'm begging you.
There's never an "Administer massive wedgie" button when you need one... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 05, 2014, 11:13:12 AM

http://you.regettingold.com/

QuoteOver 85% of visitors to this site are younger than you! The average age of visitors is 31.

Eff you, website!

Yeah, f*ck that website! Bunch of wankers.

I'm at 83% of visitors.

I'm also older than Sesame Street by barely 2 months.

Greybriar

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 04, 2014, 05:36:13 AM
You guys should really check out this website.  After you put in your birth date it gives you all sorts of cool facts about things that have happened in your life.  It is really cool to see until it is depressing ...

http://you.regettingold.com/

Over 95% of visitors to this site are younger than you! The average age of visitors is 32.

That makes me wonder how much time I've got left.  :-\

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

If you don't live at least another twenty years, Greybriar, I'm going to be quite angry with you.  8) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I'll see that 20 and raise it to 30. 90 is the new 89 after all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on June 11, 2014, 10:30:03 AM
If you don't live at least another twenty years, Greybriar, I'm going to be quite angry with you.  8)

I used to think that since my maternal grandfather lived to the age of 96 that I would, too.  Then my father died six weeks shy of his 85th birthday and my mother died at the age of 87. My 67th birthday is later this month. If I take after mom, I've got 20 years left. If I take after dad, I've got 18 years. But if I take after grandpa, I've got nearly 30 years left (my paternal grandfather doesn't count--I've already lived longer than he did).
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

^Just try to enjoy every day. Being retired, that should be easier for you.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Gusington

Hard to stick to on some days.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

As Gus said, gotta take it one day at a time. Your life is your own to live and make decisions with.

When I decided to lose weight back in January, I wasn't taking it too seriously. Then a good friend, an older gentleman that ran a theater group I'm with, died of a massive heart attack, that lit the fire under me. I know I've added years to my life thanks to the 53-some-odd pounds I've dropped since then.

My family has had issues with obesity in later life, which is more to say 'eating and not exercising.' Most of them have had resultant health problems like diabetes and PVD. While they're family and made their decisions as to how they wanted to live, and suffered a shorter/less comfortable lifespan for it, I made the choice to do the opposite. I still have 30 or so pounds to go, but the bulk of it is off.

Now watch, I'll cross the street later today and get run over by a milk truck. Even though nobody drives milk trucks anymore, that would be my luck...

airboy

I try to count my blessings.  Without modern medicine I would already be dead.

I'm a strong Type A personality.  At the age of 30 I had the cholesterol of someone who weighed 400 pounds and ate a package of bacon a day (I'm neither).  Modern drugs got the cholesterol into better than normal range.

I have diabetes - also based on genetics (I'm thin and fit).  With the drugs, no major diabetes issues.

Many, many males in my family tree died of heart attacks and strokes in their early 40s.  With the drugs I may outlive most people. 

Gusington

^Well if you think of it that way, without modern science...if I was born in 1924 instead of 1974...I would probably have been still born.

Banzai that is awesome you have lost 50+ pounds. Congrats!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 12:27:39 PM
^Well if you think of it that way, without modern science...if I was born in 1924 instead of 1974...I would probably have been still born.

Banzai that is awesome you have lost 50+ pounds. Congrats!

Thanks, Gus. The cruise last week really screwed up my eating habits and I'm having a hard time getting back on track, especially with running as I haven't done it for a couple of weeks, but I'm getting my ass back in the gym every morning now and trying to get back down.