Grogheads Podcast?

Started by spelk, October 17, 2012, 07:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

Has there been any discussion on whether something like this would be worth doing? We have a veritable overflowing fountain of knowledgeable people, pertaining to wargaming. I'd love to see something squeeze into the gap that currently exists. There just isn't a computer based wargaming podcast anywhere on the net (that I can find). There are a number of cardboard shufflers. There's Three Moves Ahead for general strategy, with a smattering of computer based wargames now and then. But not a dedicated tooled up and ready to roll out, podcast about computer based wargaming for computer based wargamers.

Anyway, just wondered what the top brass and the rank and file felt about the idea of it.

bayonetbrant

we've talked about it, but have limited bandwidth and several other more pressing issues.

now, if someone else produced a podcast and wanted some help from us just hosting it for access...  maybe we could work something out :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

I think people would log on just to hear me wax poetic about life, bitches and stuff.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

I'll see your life, bitches and stuff and raise you kids and how to live like you're broke.  Which, incidentally, I am.  Or close enough to it that it makes no matter.  Oh, and I know some stuff about Civ games, too.  ;-)

Helluva an idea though, Spelk.  I would certainly listen to a podcast like that.  Especially if it involved some of our website's luminaries.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Actually recording a podcast is pretty simple. Editing....oof. Editing a podcast takes forever.  :o

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on October 17, 2012, 07:03:59 PM
I'll see your life, bitches and stuff and raise you kids and how to live like you're broke.  Which, incidentally, I am.  Or close enough to it that it makes no matter.  Oh, and I know some stuff about Civ games, too.  ;-)

Helluva an idea though, Spelk.  I would certainly listen to a podcast like that.  Especially if it involved some of our website's luminaries.

youre talking about being broke to an artist.....   really?  I could teach you things about ramen noodles that would make your brain explode.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

and Im Jewish!

a broke Jew is almost as bad as an Asian getting a B+

MetalDog

Ok.  You win on that one.  I still want in on the panel for life, bitches and stuff.  While not as well promoted as yours, I have been through a little bit of all that, too :-)

GDS_Starfury

this is how a talk format radio show is started.

MetalDog

Sounds like a winner to me.  Me and you could host.  We'll have all the big names roll through: LB, Brant, Gus, JH, Windi, 40, Steelie, Smuck, SoM, Mirth and all the rest of the crazy cast!  Sports, religion, chicks, wargames and what not.  Whadda ya' think?

GDS_Starfury

it actually sounds fun.
94.3 local radio is all talk but their key show is 1 to 6 and its all open format open calls.
its been on over 20 years.

GDS_Starfury

but do either of us have a voice people can listen to?

MetalDog

Only one way to find out...

bayonetbrant

Guys, we don't have a problem possibly linking to stuff from our community.  Whether or not any sort 'official' GrogHeads imprint goes on it is something that would need to be discussed among the Grogarchy.

We'll get back to you.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

It certainly would be interesting to see what you guys could put together no matter if it was officially GrogHeads or not.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."