For FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, April 26, 2024, 02:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Mostly:

- Horizon
- Star Trek infinite
- Stellaris

And I am giving a new attempt at Fields of Glory Empire with Carthage. I wish I wasn't that lazy to read the manual.

Destraex

Quote from: Phantom on Yesterday at 06:44:14 AMBoard gaming - finishing off an excellent game of Colonial Twilight then the difficult choice of whether to establish Great Britain as a republic with Cruel Necessity or just blow shit up with Panzer Command. Decisions, decisions...

Are these all solo games or are you attending a home to play with a group of friends?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bobarossa

Shadow Empire.  If I can assimilate two nearby large minors (90k pop each) I may be able to put up a fight against the giant major that is currently friendly with me but is theocratic.  Who knows when their god will demand my head.

Tanaka

Dominions 6 MP game. I think Asphodel is my favorite nation now they are a lot of fun after the changes made finally. They used to suck so bad.

Also SCACW for my ACW fix...Need more practice after the Colonel gave me a lot of trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHhEIZlmXo4&list=PLNFRq_HE2d_Xt6WKtOe71T9dz20IYWL8t&index=1

Phantom

Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: Phantom on Yesterday at 06:44:14 AMBoard gaming - finishing off an excellent game of Colonial Twilight then the difficult choice of whether to establish Great Britain as a republic with Cruel Necessity or just blow shit up with Panzer Command. Decisions, decisions...

Are these all solo games or are you attending a home to play with a group of friends?

All solo (though Cruel Necessity is the only designed as a solo game) - there is a game group fairly nearby but they tend to play mainly Euros. I enjoy playing games solo as much to explore the history as anything else - they all play well solo (CT has an AI Bot, though I tend not to use it, and Panzer Command is chit pull which always works well) - I'm lucky in that I have a dedicated game room so can leave a game set up & go back to it as & when I get the opportunity - I think my Colonial Twilight game has been spread over about 4 weeks.

Destraex

Quote from: Phantom on Today at 06:11:35 AM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 06:31:34 PM

All solo (though Cruel Necessity is the only designed as a solo game) - there is a game group fairly nearby but they tend to play mainly Euros. I enjoy playing games solo as much to explore the history as anything else - they all play well solo (CT has an AI Bot, though I tend not to use it, and Panzer Command is chit pull which always works well) - I'm lucky in that I have a dedicated game room so can leave a game set up & go back to it as & when I get the opportunity - I think my Colonial Twilight game has been spread over about 4 weeks.
Nice.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

Quote from: bobarossa on Yesterday at 07:08:30 PMShadow Empire.  If I can assimilate two nearby large minors (90k pop each) I may be able to put up a fight against the giant major that is currently friendly with me but is theocratic.  Who knows when their god will demand my head.

Blasted theocratic major just popped up and attacked me on the only peaceful front I had. Metal! Metal! I need Metal!

And OIL! I have NO OIL! My tanks and trucks are running on peanut butter!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tripoli

Quote from: solops on Today at 10:10:44 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on Yesterday at 07:08:30 PMShadow Empire.  If I can assimilate two nearby large minors (90k pop each) I may be able to put up a fight against the giant major that is currently friendly with me but is theocratic.  Who knows when their god will demand my head.

Blasted theocratic major just popped up and attacked me on the only peaceful front I had. Metal! Metal! I need Metal!

And OIL! I have NO OIL! My tanks and trucks are running on peanut butter!

You have to do an AAR on this play through.   :Dreamer:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln