Total war pharaoh - coming October

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 23, 2023, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on October 19, 2023, 02:48:38 PM...

But there is a solution: value fan feedback more.

As the Fonz would say, "correctomundo!"  :ThumbsUp:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

In related news, I' still selling those boxes of Postholes if anyone's interested.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

I don't know if anyone follows Volound's channel, but as he's been doing a lot of fact based reporting on the collapse of Hyenas and getting CA employees leaking to him after their layoffs, he's been getting a endless string of DMCA copywrite strikes and defamation threats from CA.

This is a really bad look from them, especially since all he's doing is reporting on what now former CA employees are telling him that we already knew, and that's most importantly Pharaoh was never supposed to be a main release, it was a DLC for Troy that they boosted to a full game price with no content.

He's had those threats quashed but I'm not sure CA is in any shape to survive for the future.

So here's to Manor Lords and Ultimate General American Revolution.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CapnKirk

I hate that theres such mismanagment of a game series that I've been playing since Rome 1.

I don't care for the newere iterations, but I certianly didn't want it to go down like this.

I also hate that there's not really an alternative to the Total War series. Some competition at this point would be nice.

undercovergeek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 08, 2023, 01:12:59 PMI don't know if anyone follows Volound's channel, but as he's been doing a lot of fact based reporting on the collapse of Hyenas and getting CA employees leaking to him after their layoffs, he's been getting a endless string of DMCA copywrite strikes and defamation threats from CA.

This is a really bad look from them, especially since all he's doing is reporting on what now former CA employees are telling him that we already knew, and that's most importantly Pharaoh was never supposed to be a main release, it was a DLC for Troy that they boosted to a full game price with no content.

He's had those threats quashed but I'm not sure CA is in any shape to survive for the future.

I do - he's had a rough ride and some of what the ex devs are saying is unbelievable

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 08, 2023, 01:12:59 PMI don't know if anyone follows Volound's channel, but as he's been doing a lot of fact based reporting on the collapse of Hyenas and getting CA employees leaking to him after their layoffs, he's been getting a endless string of DMCA copywrite strikes and defamation threats from CA.

Yep. I have seen Volound's stuff. He is a little overly negative for my taste but has some really good points.
His conversations with ex dev staff have been very enlightening but at the same time must be taken with a little caution due to their status as ex employees.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Any links? Total War is beloved by me since Shogun, but I have not seen any of what the ex devs have said.

The last TW that I really enjoy is Attila. I find myself playing the older games a lot.

Right now I am getting smacked around in an Arthurian: Total War campaign based on the Rome: TW Definitive Edition.

Like others posted, it is sad that everything is crumbling for CA.

But for us as grogs...there is Manor Lords coming next April 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2023, 07:10:02 AMAny links? Total War is beloved by me since Shogun, but I have not seen any of what the ex devs have said.

The last TW that I really enjoy is Attila. I find myself playing the older games a lot.

Right now I am getting smacked around in an Arthurian: Total War campaign based on the Rome: TW Definitive Edition.

Like others posted, it is sad that everything is crumbling for CA.

But for us as grogs...there is Manor Lords coming next April 😎

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LX4Qeis1W3U&pp=ygUHdm9sb3VuZA%3D%3D

One of many especially since the pharoah disaster

As mentioned he can get a bit juvenille and overly negative about the bad press CA is receiving

Always plays shogun 2 in the background which is what he and the ex devs see as the pinnacle of the games

Gusington

Thanks 'Geek. I will watch that later. And I agree...Shogun 2 was CA's best work.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I'd agree Volound's a bit overly negative.  I don't quite blame him.

I'm just appalled that CA would take the route of trying to DMCA and threaten him to remove his material rather than just try to answer it with better communication and maybe a bit of contrition for how they've misread their fan base. 

Almost everything he's said about the leaks have been confirmed by other sources and even then, he's just reporting, not inventing.

It sounds like his own lawyers have already handled it well but it's still an awful way for CA to read the room and respond. 

The way I do business is when we screw up a particular product or rollout and give our customers a bad experience is to take the hit and double down on doing it right the next time, not double down on telling the customer they were the wrong ones and they need to shut up and like the crap they're being shoveled.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 09, 2023, 09:42:11 AMThe way I do business is when we screw up a particular product or rollout and give our customers a bad experience is to take the hit and double down on doing it right the next time, not double down on telling the customer they were the wrong ones and they need to shut up and like the crap they're being shoveled.

This.  100% agree with your philosophy. 

Never heard of Volound before but I liked that video 'geek shared.  Thank you!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on November 09, 2023, 10:06:15 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 09, 2023, 09:42:11 AMThe way I do business is when we screw up a particular product or rollout and give our customers a bad experience is to take the hit and double down on doing it right the next time, not double down on telling the customer they were the wrong ones and they need to shut up and like the crap they're being shoveled.

This.  100% agree with your philosophy. 

Never heard of Volound before but I liked that video 'geek shared.  Thank you!

you're welcome

I still think there was a lot of love for CA before pharoah happened - but as the ex devs say - we've all been screwed by them with dlcs and saga and releases

I still long for empire 2 and mtw3 but now don't know if CA can be trusted to do it

The sad thing I read is that the original team who were there for shogun and m1 are now non existent - the people that made it great are all gone - I know it's a very long time ago in terms of a devs cv but the old team seem to have left no legacy of great game making and it is solely about the money and what can be screwed out of the loyal players

Gusington

There is not one single person left at CA from the original Shogun or Medieval days? Damn.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

If that's the case there is no hope for CA.  If you can't keep quality talent as a company then the replacements you bring in will always be clowns.  You want quality you gotta pay the money for it.

In my life I have seen so many good and very talented employees leave their jobs because their employers just don't get how valuable they are by paying them fair market value.