New historical content. Total War Historical team - HINTs from DEV team

Started by Destraex, November 05, 2017, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: Destraex on November 09, 2017, 03:54:04 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 08, 2017, 10:14:05 PM
Quote from: Destraex on November 08, 2017, 05:25:04 PM
Shame. I hate this bloody engine! I am going to read that article in the hope that they fixed the combat formations and graphical problems.
If I was a negative person (:P) I would suspect this is their Christmas cash grab.

Maybe it got better. Should I try it again? Have they put the detail back in?

Uhhh... when is the last time you tried Rome 2?  Was it before all 17 of those updates which fixed a lot of issues?

What am I talking about.  You don't like anything that isn't WW2, Dest.    :P

OI! I have played every total war game from the moment it came out (except warhammer fantasy which I waited for but now have). I love all eras as well as sci fi.
This is the second time I have been told I only like ww2! :P

Don't worry it comes from a guy who despises WW2 games!.. Hey, for some of us 'old' folk, World War 2 is our "Star Wars", all those movies in the 60's. I must admit though, there is kind of too much of the genre.

Toonces

I thought for a minute that Meng has said "Zombies" instead of Zenobia, and I thought, that's just what Total War is missing is zombies!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Quote from: FlickJax on November 09, 2017, 05:52:57 AM
You are quite picky ;) Dest >:D :crazy2:

True. I am fishing for the perfect wargame. Hoping that every new advance is incorporated into every new game for a chance at a better generation of wargame.
Generally it seems to have stagnated since the first board game was invented. A lot of the hard core wargamers tend towards board game nostalgia rather than realism.
Total War needs to be merged with something like scourge of war.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on November 09, 2017, 08:20:54 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on November 09, 2017, 05:52:57 AM
You are quite picky ;) Dest >:D :crazy2:

True. I am fishing for the perfect wargame. Hoping that every new advance is incorporated into every new game for a chance at a better generation of wargame.
Generally it seems to have stagnated since the first board game was invented. A lot of the hard core wargamers tend towards board game nostalgia rather than realism.
Total War needs to be merged with something like scourge of war.

Scourge of Total War. Total Scourge of War.   I like it! 

Gusington

I thought the price would be 8 or 10 dollars...it is ~16.00!! I am still excited but that is some pricey dlc.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2017, 08:37:48 AM
I thought the price would be 8 or 10 dollars...it is ~16.00!! I am still excited but that is some pricey dlc.

Cheapo

Gusington

^For 16.00 that dlc better make me breakfast and then tuck me in at night.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on November 09, 2017, 06:09:49 AM
Shame. I hate this bloody engine! I am going to read that article in the hope that they fixed the combat formations and graphical problems.
If I was a negative person (:P) I would suspect this is their Christmas cash grab.

Uhhh... when is the last time you tried Rome 2?  Was it before all 17 of those updates which fixed a lot of issues?

OI! I have played every total war game from the moment it came out (except warhammer fantasy which I waited for but now have). I love all eras as well as sci fi.

Don't worry it comes from a guy who despises WW2 games!.. Hey, for some of us 'old' folk, World War 2 is our "Star Wars", all those movies in the 60's. I must admit though, there is kind of too much of the genre.

In the case of WW2...too much means that occasionally (more or less by accident) there is a good WW2 game.  CLoD or BoS/BoM/BoK, parts of DCS, The Grand Tactical System, CM2.x, Graveateam, Operation Dauntless, Panzer...So where WW2 is concerned I always remain hopeful.
The Total War series....I think in general it is improving by fits and starts.  Rome II was kinda average, but strangely fun for me.  I'm hoping the 270 AD expansion is at least average for Total war.  Anyway I'm playing Rome II today so I remain hopeful.

Destraex

Tell me if you can recognise your troops when you zoom out. A screenshot would be great.
Seeing two masses of undefined black mobs is not exciting to me.

I loaded it up very quickly last night. Took a screenshot. Have not checked my settings yet.
Here is mine at a reasonable command zoom, not zoomed out that far really. But a lot of the troops look black at a distance.
Could be the sun I guess. Actually judging by the shadows it is the sun. But does your shadow make everybody dark in real life? I reckon they screwed the shadows up and it should not look like the dark side of the moon on one side of the men just because their is a shadow cast by other men which would likely mainly be on the ground underneath the horses. I might try turning the shadows down. They might be causing this whole problem.

Shadows set to low

my settings with just shadows changed to low.

With medium unit size. It just seems to take so much detail out of the men and wants to turn them black as I zoom out to hide this?

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2017, 09:28:23 AM
^For 16.00 that dlc better make me breakfast and then tuck me in at night.

I'm sure you can get mirth to tuck you in at night for a pack of cigarettes and a beer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on November 09, 2017, 06:09:49 AM

True!

Well.. I give more leeway to the air & sea WW2 stuff still.  Those are fine, and often quite enjoyable. 

The land warfare glut, though.   :hide:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on November 09, 2017, 05:05:41 PM
Tell me if you can recognise your troops when you zoom out. A screenshot would be great.
Seeing two masses of undefined black mobs is not exciting to me.

Why are your screenshots so dark for a midday battle with few clouds?

Something looks off. 

I'm not saying the TW engine isn't a bright ray of sunshine (along with numerous others I could mention), but I don't recall my Rome 2 being so dark.   ???