Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 22, 2016, 10:14:21 AM
Aah, you're not the guy that successfully sued them for his Kickstarter money refund then?

I don't think it was a lawsuit. I think he filed a complaint with the Attorney General of his state (California, if I recall). I can understand people being miffed about the wait and wanting their money back, but ever since the release of Alpha 2.0, I've become a believer. I think we are going to see some truly amazing things in the next 6-12 months.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

That's pretty freaking great!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

glen55

Does anybody know: will you always have to pay real money to get a better ship, or will you be able to earn better ships in-game?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

IronX

Good question. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer both. I'm a little concerned about the eventual cost of this game. I mean, current backers are paying a small fortune to get their hands on certain ships. Surely they won't suddenly be available for free once the game comes out? So potentially this could be a very expensive game if you want access to everything.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: glen55 on August 22, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
Does anybody know: will you always have to pay real money to get a better ship, or will you be able to earn better ships in-game?

No. You will not have to pay real money to buy new ships. You will be able to purchase everything with in-game currency.

From the FAQ:

Is Star Citizen "Free to play"? A subscription game?
    To play Star Citizen you need only to buy the initial game. There will never be a monthly charge for usage. Some in-game items may be available as microtransactions, but we will NEVER sell anything that can't be acquired through honest (and fun!) gameplay. To counteract this making the game a pay-to-win game, we will seperate players who have bought items or cash through a micro-transaction from people who haven't bought anything through a micro-transaction. We may slowly integrate those two groups of players several months after release once the majority of players have started getting more high-end equipment, though this is subject to change.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 23, 2016, 09:01:37 AM
For jh

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/23/inside-the-troubled-development-of-star-citizen

Interesting...I'll have to read this behemoth in full when I have some free time. In skimming it though, I didn't really see anything new. Everyone knows by now that the development has been delayed, troubled and restructured several times. For me, one sentence stuck out...

If Star Citizen does end up hitting the goals that Roberts has planned (by beating his horses to death to get to the finish line), there is no doubt in my mind it will be amazing.

This encapsulates my feelings extremely well. From what I've seen, and from what we know is on the very near horizon, I believe Star Citizen is on the cusp of something truly ground breaking.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Yeah the rps piece that went with it summarises with a quote saying with infinite time and money it would be ground breaking - it's pretty much got infinite money it's just how long it'll take

Pete Dero

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/10/10/star-citizen-single-player-campaign-delayed-into-2017

During tonight's Citizencon livestream, Cloud Imperium Games announced that Squadron 42, Star Citizen's single player campaign, will not meet its 2016 release date.

S42 Primary Tech Hurdles

Content
Most of our base technology is now complete
Still in Progress:
Subsumption
    Pathfinding Logic
    Full Animation Integration
    Improved Combat Logic
    Mission System Integration
    Enhanced Fight AI
Object Container Streaming
CPU and GPU Optimizations

Jarhead0331

Simply amazing...just a total dream game.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

sandman2575

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Sparhawk

That is why we patiently wait.

JasonPratt

Indeed; no whining about missed release dates -- the devs are busy, let them be.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!