Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

from the size and numbers of the equipment it was ment to protect the whole column not just that single tank.

i guesstimate the Ivans has semi-fixed ECM emplacements to protect HQs and similar juicy targets and someone thought: Lets get it makeshift mobile for our Romeo Foxtrot

GDS_Starfury

well that one didnt last long

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

A good video from the 'Centre for Eastern Studies' on Russia's overall international strategy:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 09, 2024, 03:49:08 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 09, 2024, 01:58:37 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 05, 2024, 03:10:03 PMwhat the actual fuck?

Is it wrong that I kind of desperately want this modeled in a game somewhere?
I read somewhere - or saw a video - that suggested it was something like homemade ECM kit to thwart drones  :shocked:

And render all within 200 meters sterile.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

On closer examination, I think my favorite part is how some of the reactive armor boxes are still inside under the platform. So if anything zips under the platform, through the gap in the chicken wire for the tank's commander and gunner to get inside, and hits the reactive armor, the blowback will fall back onto the tank, possibly setting off any number of other reac-plates like a room full of mousetraps!

Imagine the fun!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2024, 12:42:41 PMA good video from the 'Centre for Eastern Studies' on Russia's overall international strategy:

Just a reply to find it easier to watch later, after I get home from work. Without even watching, I'd agree it's only kind-of about Ukraine -- which sure ain't nothing, it's a set of warm water ports and looting opportunities at least -- but not primarily the target on the larger picture.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

Skoop

Doesn't sound like there's been any progress in the manpower issues Ukraine has. 

Is Zelenzky waiting for the aid package to announce all hands on deck mobilization ?

Some say most Ukrainians are against mandatory conscription.  Some even say that Zelenzky might loose re-election if it took place today.

I actually don't blame Zelenzky for not mobilizing 18 to 20 somethings.  The demographics say that's a good move if that's his motive.

The reality day by day still seems Korean War frozen conflict.

The aid package still needs to be passed so the Ukrainians can defend themselves for the next year while peace is negotiated. 

Korea dragged on for 2 years while peace talks commenced, even though it was pretty much decided by January 1951.

Gusington

Will Ukraine accept 20% of their territory gone for a rickety peace with a Russia they will never trust again...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

Unfortunately they may have to accept the 20% loss to freeze the conflict and prepare for a future war.

It's like amputating a septic limb to save the body.

I just don't see them winning this with out all hands on deck mobilization, and doing that may destroy their nation 20 years from now.

We still need to pass the aid package so that the patriots, himars, and m777 howitzers can fire and keep the Russians honest while peace talks commence the next year.

Freezing the conflict is not failure, I see it as opportunity to beat the Russians in Cold War like we did the first time.  Ukraine in the EU will out thrive its Russian occupied counterpart.

Note on French troops, sounds crazy but I think French troops taking over Ukraines logistics behind the lines and providing security on the belorus boarder could free up a ton of manpower right now and could be a short term solution.

JasonPratt

Tend to agree with Skoop's French deployment strategy. Technically keeps them out of the fight, yet still helpful. What's the NATO rule if a member unilaterally decides to send defensive border guards to a combat zone and they get arty-droned? Pretty sure that doesn't trigger an Article, but not totally...

GDS_Starfury

it would not trigger Article 5 as its the countries decision to put itself in harms way.