The Four Musketeers: Armada 2526 Supernova (PBEM) AAR

Started by Martok, June 13, 2012, 07:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Hey guys, now that I'm back from vacation, I'll give an update to the AAR next turn.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

It is the year 3.5 of the Diaspora.  We have expanded our nation to seven additional planets.   We have three star systems that have yet to be explored to our galactic northeast, though we have scouts moving to two of them now.  We should have all three in explored in the next three to four months.

Our scientists have developed advanced mining techniques.  This is helping to improve our economy.  While we have concentrated the building of these on our richest planets, we will upgrade our mining operations on our other planets soon.

There are a copy of systems we would like to colonize, but at this time, we do not have the Arc ships to make it possible.  It will be a few more months, perhaps even a year, before we are ready to start construction on any new ones.  This is so we can concentrate on developing our existing planets.

Our population growth is slowed by our high taxes.  With the upgrades to our mines, we plan on lowering them to encourage population growth.

We have lost contact with the Teyes Flock, and do not know what has happen to them.   Since we did not get to know them very well, and do not know why we lost contact with them, we are considering expanding our navy encase they were destroyed by another species.  This is still being hotly debated, and the desire to develop our existing colonies is currently winning the debate.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Shelldrake

Cryokon Federation
Prime Minister Shelldrake
Year 3.9

The Cryokon Federation continues to expand, although finances remain a persistent obstacle to colony development. At least the threat of war with the Klurgu Empire has abated with the successful negotiation of a 2-year nonaggression agreement. Our people can now focus on research and economic expansion!

The Cryokon people now lay claim to seven colony worlds, incuding the ice planet Trondheim in a rich system. One of our scout ships has just found another rich system in the Beta Aquarii sector. The planet is a bit warm for Cryokon tastes but is habitable none the less. Accordingly, the Council has ordered that the ark and transports that are on route to Gamma Draconii be redirected to Beta Aquarii in order to colonize this world as soon as possible. A colony in the Beta Aquarii sector will also allow us to explore to the galactic west. Another ark is under construction to colonize the rare mineral containing planet in the Gamma Draconii sector.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

W8taminute

Year 4.7 and still no first contact.  We're really enjoying our time up here in the north western quadrant. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

OJsDad

Year 4.8 of the Diaspora.

We've now colonized 9 planets.  Our lates was Constantinople on our western boarder.  Next month we will colonize Delta Cephei on our eastern boarder.  Once Delta Cephei is colonized, we should be able to secure our eastern boarders. 

Our financials are improving with all of our richer systems having build advanced mines and some of our others now buidling.  Our scientists and engineers report that we can begin building asteroid mining facilities in about eight months time.

Still no other contact with they Teyes, or any other race for that matter.

W8taminute

Hey guys,

Just an FYI.  Been tied up with after hours activities with family and friends the past few nights.  Will try to get to all my PBEMs tonight however, but it will be later in the evening.

Sorry for the delays.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Martok

No worries, W8taminute.  I think it's safe to say we've all been there.  :) 

As for myself, I must apologize for not posting lately as well.  I've got a ton of screenshots (along with comments for each), but I always seem to lack either time or energy to actually put them up.  Gah!  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Human Union
Turn 58

Breaking news...after living alone for 5.8 years shortly after discovering interstellar flight, mankind has made first contact.  Though how they found us is unknown we welcomed diplomatic communications with our neighbors to the east by exchanging map information and tech for gold.  Below is a screenshot taken from the video conference with these xenos.

OJsDad

Hey guys,  I was camping with the family last week, so, while I was able to get my turns in, I wasn't able to get any updates posted either, until now.  I'll just say that not much has happened since my last;

It the second month of the sixth year of our Diaspora.  When had sent an Arc ship to colonize the planet Garth, in our northeast , but discovered it had already been colonized by a species calling itself the XSpectdrada Imperium.  We were able to negotiate a non-aggression treaty with them for the next 20 months.  This was important as our fleet is still very small. 

In the next two month we will colonize Beta Cephei in our east, and it should help to open the rest of the southeast area of our galaxy for exploration.  Next month, we will colonize Delta Tucanae in our southwest, which will allow more exploration in that direction.

On the research front, our scientists and engineers say we will be able to produce a new class of Arc ships that will allow us to colonize dead and icy planets.  This should help with our expansion.   Some of our independent scientists are working on a secret project, but are not ready to reveal any details at this time.  After this new class of Arc ships are ready, we will expand our research into new Weapons, Shield, Hyperspace and Bio research fields.  We already have some research going on in the Information field, working on Tachyon Stealth. 

With most of our planets having constructed advanced mines, our economy has improved.  Due to a lack of population, we have not been able to take advantage of asteroid mining yet.

W8taminute

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd drop a line and report on my general feelings about our game.  I'm really digging how things are developing.  So far I have only come into contact physically with the Linkin Empire and we've been living peacefully together.  They border my Easter edge of my Empire.  I just discovered Destroyers and am feverishly assembling a defense fleet in case the Kitty Cat's get greedy.  I'm bringing in about 1400 gold a turn and steadily building up the infrastructure of my "good" colonies. 

My long term goals are to try to expand southward in the hopes of bumping into one of you.  My options at the Southern edge of my borders are limited though.

Martok

I'm liking how our game is progressing as well.  I have 12 colonies now (time to think about halting my expansion before Bureaucracy starts hitting my income and/or morale too hard!), with 5 of them already being well-developed, both in terms of infrastructure and population.  In defense research, I've thus far nabbed Cruisers, Heavy Missiles, and am now working on Dreadnaughts.  In construction research, I'm getting close to discovering Core Mining, after which I'll quick grab Technology Complexes (so that I can build said Core Mines). 

Also, for the moment, I can't spend my money fast enough, which is a rare (but welcome) pleasure!  Not suffering from pollution penalties makes it an easy choice for the Volmar to max out out their mining income as soon as they're able, so I've done just that -- building & upgrading mines on all my colonies straightaway.  In addition, my colony of Chuxiong is pulling in a modest income serving as my nation's tourist hub. 

And while I haven't actually run into him thus far, I must be close to Shelldrake's Cryokons, as my diplomacy screen shows him on my list.  I can't contact him yet, but given that I just founded my newest (12th) colony about 20 light-years north of my capital (location: x40 y131), I'm willing to bet that's going to change very soon!  8) 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

OJsDad

I'm not as developed as you guys are, my research is just now starting to ramp up.  But my economy is moving along.  I've got 14 colonies and Arc ships on the way to two more.  I think I will also bump into Shelldrake before long.  One of my arc ships is heading for IX Pegasi B, which is on my far west side.  Next turn I'll get some screen shots. 

OJsDad

ShellDrake I've found you at Narvik.  I've sent you a diplomatic offer, hopefully it is good. 

W8taminute

My colonies continue to develop at a reasonable pace.  My economy is strong and I'm maybe one or two techs behind the Linkin Empire my only neighbor.  Still trying to get some ark ships to colonize further south in the hopes of linking up with one of you.

Martok

Gah.  I've got a Scout Ship sitting on a nice little Aquatic planet along my northeastern frontier.  I don't really want to colonize it, but neither do I want any of the AI factions to grab it.  I wish one of you guys could come claim it! 

In the meantime, I think I might send an Ark ship up there to sit on it, just in case. 

Otherwise, I'm pretty much done with colonizing for now.  I have a dozen planets, and already Bureaucracy is taking a modest bite out of my wallet.  That, and my people really don't care much for Idea/Habitable worlds -- we like 'em hot and spicy!