"Masters Of The Air" - from the Band of Brothers team

Started by Redwolf, October 05, 2023, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 25, 2024, 09:28:11 PMit was on in the backround while I was playing wargames, fuck off!   :RockOn:

LoL. Right back at you!

I'll excuse your... impertinence because your duties as a clan leader are extensive and time consuming.

As an aside my wife is a Clan Leader in one of the top 10 clans in Diablo Immortal.... it is a time suck.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Con

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2024, 12:42:21 PMI originally wanted Apple TV just to see Greyhound but now with Masters of the Air and other shows mentioned...I really want Apple TV.
Wife and I binged three seasons of Ted lasso in a week on Apple TV

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Windigo on January 26, 2024, 12:46:44 PMI'll excuse your... impertinence because your duties as a clan leader are extensive and time consuming.

As an aside my wife is a Clan Leader in one of the top 10 clans in Diablo Immortal.... it is a time suck.

oh I've stepped away from that JOB!  I'm happy to just be among the rank and file of a top 5 team.
hmm.... just looked, we've slipped to 6th  :buck2:
but ya, running those things is a fucking pain in the ass when the other people involved are 2 finance guys with spreadsheets out the ass and a hillbilly with no spatial awareness.   :facepalm_picard:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ArizonaTank

Saw both EP1 and EP2. So far, everything I was hoping for. However the wife thought the characters were a little flat...but what does she know... :Party:
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

for me there are no characters that I can connect with.  for shows like this theres a lot of value in an opening Currahee episode.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes but I'm a huge bomber nerd.  Hanks and Spielberg really do seem to hate the Brits though, don't they? 

Deleted them entirely from Pvt Ryan, made them bumbling imbeciles in Band of Brothers, and now they're smarmy know-it-alls in Masters of the Air.

I agree that the characters aren't that well fleshed out yet.  Given that they decided to focus on the entire 100th Bomber Group, you're looking at 480 aircrew plus additional ground crew.  Maybe they would've done better to concentrate on a single crew or plane?

Greyhound is a very decent film, despite the aforementioned German antics over the radio and the over-the-top Warhammer 40K artwork on the subs.

Windigo

Made me google Currahee. Interesting. A lot of professions have Currahee-Lite type bits in their backgrounds experiences.

Right Water-Brother Gus?!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Gusington

I am pretty much an internal facing beast. Thank God.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 29, 2024, 01:51:09 PMI am pretty much an internal facing beast. Thank God.

Good on you.

I'm external facing enough for the both of us.  My anonymity has dipped into the negatives in the last two years.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

If I could be 100% anonymous in every single facet of my life I would.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 29, 2024, 02:24:04 PMIf I could be 100% anonymous in every single facet of my life I would.

I'm still waiting for the hookers, groupies and blow to show up.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Windigo

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 29, 2024, 02:49:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 29, 2024, 02:24:04 PMIf I could be 100% anonymous in every single facet of my life I would.

I'm still waiting for the hookers, groupies and blow to show up.

working for the gub'mint? Good luck with that.