Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

from what Ive been seeing the IAF decided to clear out its older stock and used Sparrows, Pythons and AIM-9l's last night.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

I think it can be safe to say the Israel has the best air defense system in the world. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

having RAF Typhoons and USAF F-15s helps.  :cool:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Israel will rebuild!

:ROFL:

GDS_Starfury

as much as I'd like to see Iran get wrecked I think Israel should take the win and focus on Gaza.  last night showed that six nations will step up right away and can coordinate a rather complex defensive opperation on very short notice.  I wonder how much this cooperation is lost on people.

wish something similar could be demonstrated with Ukraine.

steve58

so, did Biden give the green light to the Iranian attack???

https://twitter.com/jerusalem_post/status/1779512742350635038
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

I don't know Steve but something doesn't add up. 

Why would the media be advertising that such and such will happen soon and here is how its going to happen?  In the old days wars would be fought and the public at large wouldn't be aware of what happened until after the fact. 

Today with modern media reports we get a blow by blow description of what is happening and what to expect.  Could secret meetings be taking place behind closed doors in which all interested parties agree to behave in a certain manner when attacking and defending? 

Its almost like watching a movie with the media acting as the narrator to keep the masses up to date on what's happening.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

its a lot of kissingeresque diplomacy, thats for sure.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

Personally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

I bet your fun at happy hour.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 13, 2024, 10:00:51 PMI like the RAF and USAF involvement.   :smitten:

it sends many messages to many people

True! -- but also, what message does the Jordanian help send? Is that a diplomatic shift in the region?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 15, 2024, 08:17:52 PMTrue! -- but also, what message does the Jordanian help send? Is that a diplomatic shift in the region?

Israel and Jordan have had treaties for a while and the Saudis would like to get normalized relations as they have to begin moving away from being a petro state.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 15, 2024, 06:41:49 PMPersonally, I never think war is a laughing matter and to mock your enemies is the first step to underestimating their capabilities. A regime like Iran only needs to get lucky once in order to inflict real damage. Remember, on February 25, 1991, a single Iraqi Scud missile got through defenses and managed to demolish a makeshift United States barracks in Dhahran that housed more than 100 American troops. 28 American soldiers were killed, 110 were hospitalized and 150 experienced physical injuries.  This one Scud's impact accounted for more than a third of all US soldiers killed during the Gulf War. Needless to say, I find these kinds of social media posts and images/gifs to be very immature and unbecoming.

The threat posed by Iran has never been one of conventional weapon systems, so it does not come as any real surprise that the missile and drone attack was largely ineffective...although you can be assured that those on the ground in harms way probably weren't telling jokes and making memes on their computers while the sirens were blaring.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, Iran has adapted its military capabilities and doctrine to account for developments by the United States and its allies. Although still technologically inferior to most of its competitors, the DIA notes that the Iranian military has progressed substantially over the past few decades.  Iran's use of unconventional warfare elements, proxy forces and asymmetric capabilities pose a persistent threat. Furthermore, each of these forces are becoming increasingly survivable, precise, and responsive. We've already seen how Iranian attacks and those of their proxies can impact global shipping and thereby the entire world economy. Not so much of a laughing matter in my view.

Got it, no laughing.  Ya takes your mental hits and you keeps your mouth shut, see.  Get it?

GDS_Starfury