Main Menu

Seventh Son

Started by TacticalWargames, March 27, 2015, 05:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalWargames

Went into this not really expecting much and was very surprised. A real good fantasy romp. Would like to see a sequel. Well worth a watch.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I thought the effects were really well done.  It seems like the story borrowed heavily from The Witcher game.  I don't know what Jeff Bridges or Julianne Moore were doing in this movie. Weirdest Big Lebowski reunion ever.  Casting was all over the place and it was odd that some people were trying accents while others just couldn't be bothered.  The main character and the young witch were both miscast, I thought.  It kind of reminded me of Mathew Broderick in Ladyhawke.  The filming locations kind of ruined the suspension of disbelief for me because much of it was filmed at a park a few km from my house and more where I work.

I didn't think it was as bad as the critics and general reception made it out to be.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 27, 2015, 05:30:46 PM
I thought the effects were really well done.  It seems like the story borrowed heavily from The Witcher game.  I don't know what Jeff Bridges or Julianne Moore were doing in this movie. Weirdest Big Lebowski reunion ever.  Casting was all over the place and it was odd that some people were trying accents while others just couldn't be bothered.  The main character and the young witch were both miscast, I thought.  It kind of reminded me of Mathew Broderick in Ladyhawke.  The filming locations kind of ruined the suspension of disbelief for me because much of it was filmed at a park a few km from my house and more where I work.

I didn't think it was as bad as the critics and general reception made it out to be.

That also struck me as f'd up, when I saw the previews.  Some bad schizophrenic casting going on there.  :idiot2: