Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

OK so when do I start to get some really phat lootz? Like supercharged weapons perfect for my class?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on May 22, 2012, 08:13:11 PM
OK so when do I start to get some really phat lootz? Like supercharged weapons perfect for my class?

Well honestly it's easier to get "phat lootz" when you play in a group with friends.  Increases the odds of something you need dropping and a friend is more likely to  past it on to you.  The Demon Hunter I'm playing with some friends is rocking dual yellow hand crossbows.  She is a killing machine.

Arctic Blast

I finally ended up using the Auction Market to get a high end bow. I've been able to craft most of my armor, and grabbed some sweet drops to fill in the rest. But I hadn't been able to land a really badass bow to match. But I bought one, and I've got a bid in on a second.

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 23, 2012, 12:16:39 AM
I finally ended up using the Auction Market to get a high end bow. I've been able to craft most of my armor, and grabbed some sweet drops to fill in the rest. But I hadn't been able to land a really badass bow to match. But I bought one, and I've got a bid in on a second.

What kind of money are you talking about?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

For those of you interested in following the financial side, here's the latest press release regarding Diablo III sales:

QuoteBlizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that as of the first 24 hours of Diablo® III's release, more than 3.5 million copies had been sold, setting the new all-time record for fastest-selling PC game.* That number does not include the more than 1.2 million players who received Diablo III as part of signing up for the World of Warcraft® Annual Pass promotion. Altogether, more than 4.7 million gamers around the world were poised to storm Sanctuary on day 1 of Diablo III's release -- representing the biggest PC-game launch in history.

As of the first week of the game's availability, that number had already grown to more than 6.3 million.* The above figures also do not include players in Korean Internet game rooms, where Diablo III has become the top-played game, achieving a record share of more than 39% as of May 22.†

Gusington

Wowzers. 3.5M x 59.99...

According to my math Blizzard now has all the money in the universe.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 23, 2012, 09:26:57 AM
Wowzers. 3.5M x 59.99...

According to my math Blizzard now has all the money in the universe.

It says "after the first week it's grown to 6.3M". 

So adjust your calculation to 6.3M x $59.99.

That should equal approximately all the money that ever existed in time-space.  ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on May 23, 2012, 07:53:50 AM

In game gold.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on May 23, 2012, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 23, 2012, 07:53:50 AM

In game gold.

Ah.

So I shouldn't be blowing all my game gold on leveling up the blacksmith?

Bison

gold is easy to come by.  crafting is really if you plan on sticking with the game through inferno.  i'm doing it, but my buddies and i are in it for the long haul.

Bison

To finish my thoughts.  I'm not sure that the cost benefit is there for crafting if you only plan to play normal through nightmare.  Now that being said there will be a market for crafting materials that you get from deconstructing magic items.  However, it'll be the high end mats that are really in demand.  Yet you might be able to put some of the low end stuff on the AH and make a little money from selling it.  Also the lower end rare gear you can supplement what you find with AH purchases and get more out of your gold, if you are only in it again for the first couple of difficulties.

Bison

Soloing is near impossible once you get into the 2nd Chapter of Nightmare level.  I can do the trash no problem.  However the blues/yellows that spawn can quickly overwhelm a solo player.  Even with my monk heals, I cannot keep up with the damage.  So find yourself a good partner and like any PUG YMMV with how effective the group is. 

Anyway if anyone here needs a friend to help quest shoot me a PM.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on May 23, 2012, 06:26:07 PM
Soloing is near impossible once you get into the 2nd Chapter of Nightmare level.  I can do the trash no problem.  However the blues/yellows that spawn can quickly overwhelm a solo player.  Even with my monk heals, I cannot keep up with the damage.  So find yourself a good partner and like any PUG YMMV with how effective the group is. 

I'm nearing the end of Act 2, on Nightmare, with my Monk.  He's melting faces & taking names.  My most survivable character, by far. 

Between his heal buff (w/ extra heal power rune), his 3sec Invincibility spell(w/ heal rune), and his nice 36+% Dodge - I don't have to worry about his health very often. 

... and PBAoE basic attack that gives attack speed debuff.. and... and.. beastly.

Try some different skill & rune setups if you're getting smashed.

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on May 23, 2012, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 23, 2012, 06:26:07 PM

I'm nearing the end of Act 2, on Nightmare, with my Monk.  He's melting faces & taking names.  My most survivable character, by far. 

Between his heal buff (w/ extra heal power rune), his 3sec Invincibility spell(w/ heal rune), and his nice 36+% Dodge - I don't have to worry about his health very often. 

... and PBAoE basic attack that gives attack speed debuff.. and... and.. beastly.

Try some different skill & rune setups if you're getting smashed.

My biggest issue is that I've out grown my gear.   If I go slow and steady instead of a headlong charge into the fire, I'm fine.  It's the add-ons with either fire or poison attack that wipe the floor with my warm corpse.