Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I bring one mostly for one of their buffs. 

I just wish the Templar would STFU most of the time, however.  Even though he can emergency heal you, so he's a universally fine choice.  Annoying bastid. 

The  Rogue has a skill that will give you a crit bonus when you take him.  I also don't mind his multi-shot cone fire skill for the crossbow.. he tends to draw some of the hordes away when there are lots, briefly.

The Enchantress has one that gives you extra 'Resource' regeneration, so better Mana/whatever regen.  Probably a slightly helpful pick for the Monk and perhaps casters who have to wait on mana regen sometimes.  Also some enemy debuffs I think. 

Their DPS is crap, sure, but they do have a little bit of utility in buffs and debuffs I guess.

son_of_montfort

I said the same thing about the Templar - I want to punch him in the face 90% of the time.

I pretty much only use the Enchantress. No reason, other than she is a girl and less annoying than the rest.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

"Oh I was just thinking of something they said about you!  HEHEHEHEHE!"  I want to slay her with the spawn of hell.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on June 01, 2012, 11:21:32 PM
"Oh I was just thinking of something they said about you!  HEHEHEHEHE!"  I want to slay her with the spawn of hell.

I never tried the Scoundrel. But I suspect he is even worse.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

I find the Scoundrel's banter the least annoying.  I mean.. he jokes about womanizing & looting.  So it's somewhat amusing the first fitty times.

Gusington

I have access to the Templar and the Scoundrel. I keep them back in New Tristram. Will they help me against The Butcher?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on June 01, 2012, 11:21:32 PM

Worst line of dialogue EVER. I haven't gone near her since I first heard that. I wish there was an option to sell her to slavers.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2012, 02:54:21 PM
I have access to the Templar and the Scoundrel. I keep them back in New Tristram. Will they help me against The Butcher?

Your pals seem to disappear during Boss fights.  ;)  So no.

Gusington

The templar is relatively useful to me since he melee's pretty well. I have not used the scoundrel. And the enchantress is kinda useless but is hawt, so...I'll keep her around.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I gave the Enchantress the "Hex Enemies" spell, and she now occasionally spits out an AOE that turns enemies into chickens.  :-*

Think I also use the buff that blocks some incoming enemy "missiles".  Dunno how often or long that runs but she regularly buffs me with it.

Gusington

^I like the sound of that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Nefaro on June 04, 2012, 10:17:14 AM
Dunno how often or long that runs but she regularly buffs me with it.

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2012, 10:45:55 AM
^I like the sound of that.

Just remember to use it in moderation to reduce the chance of localized irritation ... and, if it's the corded version, NEVER take it in the tub with you.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Too late about the irritation part.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2012, 09:41:21 AM
The templar is relatively useful to me since he melee's pretty well. I have not used the scoundrel. And the enchantress is kinda useless but is hawt, so...I'll keep her around.

Templar ends up adding some skills you can use for healing and for stunning bad guys, so I've generally stuck with him.

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 04, 2012, 02:48:57 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2012, 09:41:21 AM

Templar ends up adding some skills you can use for healing and for stunning bad guys, so I've generally stuck with him.

Sounds like they were swinging for the fences with that NPC. But I seriously doubt Minsc and Boo will ever be eclipsed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.