Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2012, 12:51:43 PM
I am now at the close of Chapter 2 and trying to defeat Belial in his real form. I am only on Normal difficulty but after battling for about two hours to get to this point I am a little exhausted to try and take on Belial. So, during my break want to ask you all...how hard was it for you to defeat Belial once he has 'revealed'? It looks impossible! I am playing as demon hunter, btw.

The key is the keep moving when he summons the meteors, they explode and will one shot you. Dont worry about doing damage during that phase, just keep moving. As demon hunter you don't have to worry to much about his melee abilities.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Thanks man. That was basically the same strategy I used to defeat Zoltun Kulle. But Belial has like 24k hit points...:(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Kushan on August 28, 2012, 01:48:27 PM
I am now at the close of Chapter 2 and trying to defeat Belial in his real form. I am only on Normal difficulty but after battling for about two hours to get to this point I am a little exhausted to try and take on Belial. So, during my break want to ask you all...how hard was it for you to defeat Belial once he has 'revealed'? It looks impossible! I am playing as demon hunter, btw.

The key is the keep moving when he summons the meteors, they explode and will one shot you. Dont worry about doing damage during that phase, just keep moving. As demon hunter you don't have to worry to much about his melee abilities.

I think it was at this stage I quit playing the game. Just too much work.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Kushan

No problem. I'm always willing to help. Its a challenging fight even on normal. You're probably going to die a few times until you get the hang of it. IMO Its one of the few fights where you actually feel triumphant when you beat him. I cheered out load when I beat him the first time.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

I'd also look at weapon lvl if you are using a weapon not near or at lvl upgrade.  It makes a huge difference also rings of damage help a lot.

Nefaro

I often stayed close to him, near one side of the semi-circle.  When the meteors come, these spots generally only receive one meteor hit that I have to move out of the way, then when it's gone can get back up against the inside 'rail' and keep shooting in between. 

If you're out in most of the middle area of that semi-circle, it just gets hammered a lot in that phase so you'll be dodging mostly.  I felt that I could get some free time to do some more damage near the ends.

Here's where I hang out most of the time, with an occasional dodge.  Marked in red.

Credit to this page, where I lifted the original Belial fight pic above: http://liquids.blogg.se/category/diablo-3.html

Gusington

Thanks guys. The pic does help out. I may dedicate my whole evening to beating this bastard.

Bison: I have a vampiric crossbow that I am using. It's level 30.

LB: gave up?? Say it aint so...

If I can't beat him tonight I am tempted to move on to The Witcher 2, admittedly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2012, 02:31:29 PM
LB: gave up?? Say it aint so...

Life is too short. I have too many other games that don't feel so much like work.

Gusington

Thus my threat to move on to Witcher 2, if my OCD isn't overwhelming.

I think Belial's sheer size when you initially see him is what panics most.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2012, 02:43:45 PM
Thus my threat to move on to Witcher 2, if my OCD isn't overwhelming.

I think Belial's sheer size when you initially see him is what panics most.

For me it was boredom in being unable to beat him. After a dozen (or two) times I just didn't care any more.

I had pretty much forgotten why I gave up DIII with you guys chatting about it. But now I remember ;)

Nefaro

Just remember that it's not a race.

You don't have to be shooting these bosses the whole time, so take your time when you need to weave & bob instead of shooting at them - just keep yourself alive and do damage when you can.

I found the Witch Hunter to be a bit more difficult in some boss fights, my first run through, just because they don't have much in the Invincibility-type abilities so I died more, and had to do a lot more dodging and drinking heal pots.  You're playing with the most difficult class for these boss fights, IMO, so you got a challenge in the WH.  ;)

Gusington

I'm playing as a Demon Hunter but I am going to guess what you said still holds, and also because it makes me feel better :)

If there wasn't that damned delay in how often I can drink down some healing, this wouldn't be as difficult.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2012, 03:10:01 PM
I'm playing as a Demon Hunter but I am going to guess what you said still holds, and also because it makes me feel better :)

If there wasn't that damned delay in how often I can drink down some healing, this wouldn't be as difficult.

Hahahee!  Demon Hunter.. yeah.  Too many RPGs on the brain.  :P

Don't get distracted.. just watch the meteor indicators in your little area and move to an open spot when an indicator pops up under you.  It can be easy to be distracted with all the stuff blowing up on screen and Belial doing all kinds of flashy crap.  Just concentrate on your own area, and find an unmarked spot when a fireball is about to be dumped on your head & move to it.

Nefaro

Also.. can you do boss battles multiplayer?

Gusington

I just thought of that while being slaughtered again. If anyone feels like helping a brother out, come on in. I have the Templar NPC with me now and helped out well against most other enemies but Belial...eek.

I tried to move into those red zones you pointed out but Belial kept clubbing me to death with those giant er, things of his...talons?

I also HATE that I have to replay the entire sequence each time. Makes it that much more frustrating.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd