Main Menu

Aurora 4X LP

Started by PanzersEast, August 06, 2013, 08:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Alfapiomega is doing a LP on Aurora, really the only one I have seen on YouTube that extends past a couple of episodes.  I plan to get into this at some point down the road....

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpVUxdiS7yw8r36noD0kxn6n_iIuGHNt7

PE

Kushan

Thanks PE. Starting to feel like I watch more Let's Plays then actually playing anything myself. I've made numerous attempts to get into Aurora but the UI always kills it for me.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

PanzersEast

Quote from: Kushan on August 06, 2013, 08:23:33 AM
Thanks PE. Starting to feel like I watch more Let's Plays then actually playing anything myself. I've made numerous attempts to get into Aurora but the UI always kills it for me.

Yea I agree.... sometimes the LPs are good starting points for me as I feel like I am further ahead when I start playing then simply setting down and doing OJT.  Aurora has been on my list to play but like you the UI just kills me... and this comes from a DF player.  I have started to compile a Hit List for this fall of games I plan to play and to eliminate all together..... my plan is to stick to the list without divination or outside purchases (at least until the Winter Sale :-P ).  Hope to post soon and maybe others can post their list as well.... kind of a gamers AA.

Cheers,

PE

Jarhead0331

This one has always been on my list, as well.  I launched a pretty aggressive campaign in the official forums years ago for a more formal tutorial.  The request was met positively and the developer, who is a great guy, posted several helpful walk-throughs on various topics.  However, just as I started to learn certain areas of the game, I would be distracted, move onto something else, and forget all that I had learned...then the game would be updated, and some of the tutorials would no longer be accurate, as the game had changed.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

you can use the game master function and give yourself tech, ships, resources, research or anything.  that might help get over the initial hump and into the actual space combat portion of the game.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Kushan

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 08, 2013, 06:55:11 PM
you can use the game master function and give yourself tech, ships, resources, research or anything.  that might help get over the initial hump and into the actual space combat portion of the game.

I really wish someone would break off the space combat of Aurora into its own game. WITP but in space, where you manage a war, without all the other 4x stuff. Same goes for the crown of glory emperors edition naval combat engine.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play