Rome 2 gameplay video

Started by Sir Slash, August 06, 2013, 10:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Some of you may have already seen this. A 30 min. gameplay video showing campaign and battle footage from the tutorial campaign. It's at...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zf_DV9zhIQ  Check it out but please be prepared for moistening loins associated with this footage. ;D ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

TheCommandTent

I will not watch this, I will not watch this, I will not.........
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

PanzersEast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 07, 2013, 07:28:17 AM
I will not watch this, I will not watch this, I will not.........

Trust me... you don't want to.......  :o

PE

Gusington

For a good reason (like awesomeosity) or does.it look like a hot mess? I am leaning towards the former.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2013, 07:41:40 AM
For a good reason (like awesomeosity) or does.it look like a hot mess? I am leaning towards the former.

Groggasim.... but, still want to see how the AI is.

PE

Sir Slash

There was another video at Gamespot of the same campaign and battle, a little differently played-out but I swear, in one battle scene I saw a Roman soldier head-butt an opponent, or helmet-butt I guess. That's a new move. One tiny complaint for me. I liked the Greco-Roman look of the unit cards at first, like in Shogun 2's Japanese themed unit cards, but now they're starting to look a little ugly to me. They look like they're "Tip-toeing" through something. Elephant pooh maybe?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 07, 2013, 09:04:08 AM
There was another video at Gamespot of the same campaign and battle, a little differently played-out but I swear, in one battle scene I saw a Roman soldier head-butt an opponent, or helmet-butt I guess. That's a new move. One tiny complaint for me. I liked the Greco-Roman look of the unit cards at first, like in Shogun 2's Japanese themed unit cards, but now they're starting to look a little ugly to me. They look like they're "Tip-toeing" through something. Elephant pooh maybe?

I suppose that will be one of the first things modded in the game..... I like them, however I can see how a more defined card would help.

PE

Gusington

Yeah not sure I like them either...but I did like the Shogun 2 cards.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Thanks for the link, Sir Slash.  Looks like they're playing through the narrative-driven mini-campaign (which I gather also acts as a sort of tutorial). 

Quote from: Gusington on August 07, 2013, 10:13:19 AM
Yeah not sure I like them either...but I did like the Shogun 2 cards.
I find they have a certain charm as well. 

I can understand those folks who don't care for the unit cards' look, but personally I find they add a nice touch to the game.  A little immersion/atmosphere can go a long way with me. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Yeah the Shogun 2 cards remind me of mah-jong tiles.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Agreed Gus. I noticed not a sound from the game in the video. I wonder if that's good or bad.

JudgeDredd

Well well well....thanks to Mr Slash and his link, I've had to go and pre-order this - even though I don't have the GPU or CPU to see it in all it's glory! :)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Hahaha! Send Slash the receipt.

One of the things I've worried least about TW games is the audio...it's always at least decent.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Decent? I always found the battlefield sounds top notch! The swell of storming cavalry nearing the camera makes me 'moist in the groin' every single time, to use one of your own phrases. ;) Hehe.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."