Star Ruler 2 coming

Started by Martok, August 07, 2013, 03:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Link

Wow, this one completely slipped past me. 

Here's hoping the sequel is a bit more fleshed out.  I was fascinated by the original game's concept, but by most accounts it was a little shallow in some respects (at least compared to most 4x titles). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Why start a second game before the first one is finished?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

I enjoyed the first game (while not perfect). Look forward to see more. Thanks for the info.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on August 07, 2013, 05:05:29 PM
I enjoyed the first game (while not perfect). Look forward to see more. Thanks for the info.

I sort of enjoyed certain aspects of the first one too, but overall, it was an incomplete game that never could hold my interest for more than an hour or two.  Moreover, development and support simply ended and the game was clearly abandoned.  On the page for the sequel, they openly acknowledge some of the faults of the original title.  Just seems like they failed to accomplish what they intended with the first, so they are trying again with this new title.  There is nothing inherently wrong with this...but I think it should be acknowledged. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Let's hope they make it better this time ;)

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

panzerde

From the dev diary it looks like just what they're doing on the economic front is considerably deeper that the first game was.  I really, really enjoyed the ship construction in the original game, but have to agree I found the rest of the game shallow.  It was pretty much just a colony rush; any other strategy seemed to find your empire overwhelmed by about an hour into the game.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres